Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Little things that are annoying
This topic has 17 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 1 month ago by Fishy.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
    • Kora Participant
      March 21, 2010 at 12:30 am #1419

So, there’s always been little idiosyncrasies in the code that drove me crazy, but I figured there were more important things to fix. But a lot of the changes Ravaus has been making have been targeting those sorts of things, so I figured it was time to post them!

[b:2jtqla95]Sneak[/b:2jtqla95] – If you can approach silently, why can’t you approach none silently?
      [b:2jtqla95]Title[/b:2jtqla95] – Titles shouldn’t be case sensitive.. and they should ignore apostrophes. Maybe not a whole row of apostrophes… but just one should be fine. Anyone who’s ever played a Twi’lek knows how annoying this is.
      [b:2jtqla95]Mail/drone[/b:2jtqla95] – The to/from fields on letters and notes should ignore color codes, like titles currently do.
      [b:2jtqla95]Say/'[/b:2jtqla95] – ‘ is an alias for say, but is an interrupting action, even when say isn’t. Also, if you’re bound you’re also to say things, but you can’t ‘ things.

Aaaand that’s all I can think of for now.

• Ravaus Participant
      March 21, 2010 at 1:39 am #13634

Perfect, this is just what I want to see. I’ll take care of these for the next batch of changes. Keep ’em coming!

• Troll Participant
      March 23, 2010 at 1:05 am #13662

You can still OOC and OSAY things while afk, even if SAY was fixed.

• SgtFlippy Member
      March 23, 2010 at 5:56 am #13668

Ooc and osay while afk seem a prudent choice to leave open, nothing IC can be done while afk so theres no real loss. Occasionally i’ll be afk duck in to say something and run off again. Its just convenient.

• Inactive
      March 23, 2010 at 6:05 am #13669

In shops you get the same item listed 9999999999999999 times instead of once

• Fishy Participant
      March 23, 2010 at 7:07 am #13671

It’s actually kind of a feature, Skiia. It’s based on the stacking code which won’t stack items of differing quality.

• Inactive
      March 23, 2010 at 3:19 pm #13675

… sigh

I can understand for armor. But cameras? Shields? Toothpicks? Really?

• Walldo Keymaster
      March 23, 2010 at 4:28 pm #13676

something that annoys me: This is now the third thread on this topic. Was the old one you started not good enough anymore?

• Kora Participant
      March 23, 2010 at 6:03 pm #13678
      "Walldo":16v24kj5 wrote:
      something that annoys me: This is now the third thread on this topic. Was the old one you started not good enough anymore?[/quote:16v24kj5]

There’ve been threads about "stuff that annoys me IC", but I wasn’t aware there was a thread specifically for coding things that weren’t big enough to require their own thread. Even similarly titled threads, like Skiia’s "Things That Are Bullshit" ended up just being a discussion entirely about buildship/engineering clans/whatever. ..Sorry for flooding.

Anyway… either the alignment/description commands should be able to be used while AFK, or you should be able to unAFK while you’re getting the "You must enter a description and history to proceed past level 30."/"You must choose an alignment to proceed past level 50." messages. …For those of us dumb enough to bot ponder all night without entering our description first >_>;

• Ravaus Participant
      March 23, 2010 at 7:51 pm #13681

That’s because what you see is identical. However, something under the hood is not.

• Fishy Participant
      March 24, 2010 at 9:43 am #13682

I had a long discussion with the doucheass who slipped me a mic a couple years ago about stacking code and it all boils down to it being ridiculously complicated though kinda cool.

• Avanga Member
      March 28, 2010 at 9:40 pm #13698

[b:2w377bep]Ambush[/b:2w377bep] requiring [b:2w377bep]Hide[/b:2w377bep].

Seems like most of the BHing races don’t get good smuggling, so even netting hide can be a pain. I’ve had it happen a couple of times, myself. Solution: A BHer version of [b:2w377bep]Hide[/b:2w377bep]. Call it [b:2w377bep]Lurk[/b:2w377bep] or something, I donno.

• Elithis Member
      April 1, 2010 at 4:29 pm #13750

Going off of what was said before about BHers getting some form of hide. To balance it out some, make the BHer "Hide" skill take time to set up so that a BHer isn’t just coming into a room and all of a sudden no one can see them. Instead they come in and camouflage themselves with what is in the room, or what not.

• Kirash Participant
      April 3, 2010 at 3:06 am #13786

Name one race that most people, if bought, would main a BH that would not have enough smuggling to get Hide? I’m not counting Gamorreans because the idea of a Gamorrean hiding instead of thundering towards something yelling, "SMASH!" is like trying to imagine a Jawa not stealing a piece of scrap…

• Kora Participant
      April 3, 2010 at 3:18 am #13792
      "Kirash":2dhg3nbv wrote:
      Name one race that most people, if bought, would main a BH that would not have enough smuggling to get Hide? I’m not counting Gamorreans because the idea of a Gamorrean hiding instead of thundering towards something yelling, "SMASH!" is like trying to imagine a Jawa not stealing a piece of scrap…[/quote:2dhg3nbv]

Togruta. Depends on the luck roll, but it’s happened before. Ditto for Echani, Trandoshan, and Whiphids. All decent hunter races. All won’t hit hide if they get a crappy luck roll.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.