Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Limiting # of cameras on a planet
This topic has 19 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 10 months ago by Paco.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
    • illyduss Participant
      June 24, 2015 at 8:45 pm #25460

There are some slicer skills that I feel are missing and a way to limit the # of cameras without an OOC hard rule.

Extend Range – Extends the range of cameras allowing them to be viewed from outside planets and ships. I’m not talking across the galaxy, at least not without a lvl 150 feat, but instead like from Orbit range or sensor range of 1000×10 like fake signal. This should be a high enough level skill to match the camera use skills in espionage.

Slice camera – Allows a slicer to remotely and secretly view a camera in a network. Upon failure it would alert the camera owner. Much like bank slicing. The camera networks could then be secured and such as well. This would come into play with the rest of the skills here.

Tape Over – Allows a slicer to upload a previous recording of something to a specific camera. So lets say you knew there was a camera, but you didn’t want to or couldn’t remove it. Why not pull a Mission Impossible and just have a 30 second clip play over what is really going on. The chance to fail here might result in some flaws in the feed, like maybe a cat keeps crossing the screen. Of course a complete failure just wouldn’t upload anything.

Black Out – Would allow a slicer to black out cameras and even comm-networks with in a small area.

Trace Feed – Would allow a slicer to trace the camera signal back to it’s source. So they might be able to tell who is using it or from where.

This would make placing cameras everywhere a real pain to secure and give slicers more access into your network and so it would make it almost dangerous to do. It might help limit things.

• Sarac Participant
      June 25, 2015 at 4:51 am #25461

I still like the idea of blacking things out, still haven’t had a chance to play around with those skills

• Seryb Participant
      June 25, 2015 at 8:36 am #25462

We just need to make it so cameras in a city, building, home can run forever since they’re tied into the infrastructure. Out in the sarlaac pit a camera should run off the battery you use to make it. (if one isn’t necessary make that change as well) A better battery makes said camera run longer. Also potentially have the signal be choppier in these locations for someone who just has 100 levels versus a 150.

I like the idea of extended range but in the end don’t think we need something that allows people to be more tentative. Tape over I like a lot, it should have some sort of action so if the camera is being actively watched when a player tries to do it something like “Seryb is playing with the cameras wires disk in hand” Trace feed and blackout sound pretty sweet.

• KRESKZZORZ Participant
      June 25, 2015 at 2:54 pm #25463

Why isn’t this a thing already

• Paco Participant
      June 25, 2015 at 10:56 pm #25466

Trace feed seems like a great idea. I’ve always felt like there should be a way for slicers to track someone tapping into the camera network. Datapads have cameras, sensors, the idea would be that you follow their link back to the datapad and get a description of the room and the race/gender or name (if you know them) of the individual tapping into the network. I do think that whoever is monitoring the camera should get a ping when this happens, to level the playing field a bit.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.