Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Leadership Main + Engineering Subclass
This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 12 months ago by SgtFlippy.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Klor Participant
      May 12, 2010 at 4:11 am #1471

So I recently made a Leadership main.. and realized that it is ni-impossible to reach 150 engineering with it as a sub class. Mainly because Engineering is the only class besides Bounty Hunting that is affected by only one stat, Int. Even with a +50 race bonus and a +5 int bonus, PLUS the 30 for the subclass, I was not able to reach 150 engineering. It actually caps at 140, which means you cannot even get ship building as a feat. Is there any way to look into this or give the engy class another small bump when it is a leadership subclass to allow people to hit 150 with it if done correctly? I am fairly certain this is the only class combo that cannot given the proper setup. I never really was sure why engineering was only affected by one stat.. Why it gives dex gains but isnt affected by dex :-/

Just a thought..

• Adriav Member
      May 12, 2010 at 4:16 am #14411

I agree with this. I made Teewikit, a Jawa leadership engineer for the sole purpose of building ships (epic fail), and even with +60 his engineering fell short by a few points. He still was able to build ships and speed up his followers, so the feat wouldn’t have been too much of a loss if he’d ever actually worked on ships.

The reason I’d like a bigger bonus is so that leadership-engineers don’t all have to be one of two or three races. Give us some variety here.

• SgtFlippy Member
      May 12, 2010 at 6:39 am #14413

As long as you get to 138 levels in engineering then you are in effect a normal engineer. Its one of those rare skills where you don’t actually need 150 to be utilized to the full, so there is no real loss to not having 150 except perhaps for not getting the ship building feat which in the long haul if you’re botting ship building just adds another 15 minutes to the ship frame build time when your not even at the computer anyway. I’ve seen +50 engi races keep up to speed with all the dedicated engineer mains. The whole idea for going leadership main isn’t that you’d cap out in the secondary skill, numerous immortals have pointed this fact out, its just to give people a leg up in the field they wanted to be in and to bring those leadership only special mechanics to the fore.

If you want a ship building main, roll an engineer main and play that. It will give you more racial diversity and seeing how the leadership only mechanic only affects the other people in the party and not you directly(I know there’s other bonus’) then being the only person building them hardly makes for a useful character.

P.S. Stop complaining about not being able to twink out a main set!

/endrant

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.