Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Landmine Revamp
This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 8 months ago by Ace.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Jennai Participant
      November 1, 2007 at 5:39 pm #265

I was the original author of this idea, which is found somewhere in the middle of walldo’s giant necropost from the old forums. I still think this is a really good idea, so let me know what you think.

Right now, you step on a landmine, it goes BOOM!

I personally believe it would be nice to update the MINES command to allow the addition of a timer. For example:

Mines Landmine 0
      This would make the landmine explode when someone steps on it

Mines Landmine 10
      This would make the landmine explode 10 seconds after someone steps on it.

I think you get the idea.

This would be useful for planting mines in ships. They get in the ship, run to the cockpit make a clean getaway… halfway to their destination KABOOM!…. no more escapee.

Also:
      It would be nice if you could disarm mines that you set a timer for.
      In the case that it was set at 0, I think it should explode on you just for being that stupid.

• Drel Member
      November 1, 2007 at 8:59 pm #2604

If any work were to be done on landmines, there are far more pressing concerns than the fact that the explode INSTANTLY. In example, the simple fact that they are [b:1hpna593][u:1hpna593]rigged.[/b:1hpna593][/u:1hpna593] Give detrap a use: landmines. That way, they’re like any other "sure fire" way of perming: they’re only "sure fire" if the person is a newb, or careless.

• Jennai Participant
      November 2, 2007 at 5:23 am #2734

Not a bad suggestion at all.

• HelloMeow Member
      November 2, 2007 at 7:33 pm #2540

I also think that this would be extremely beneficial, especially the bit about detrap. Is there some way to increase the damage of landmines though? I’ve had characters with enough HP to just walk through a hallway full of em. I’m not talking like instant death or anything but enough to make someone reconsider their current route would be nice.

• Ace Participant
      August 28, 2009 at 8:58 pm #11130

First of all: NECROPOST ON MY PART.

I just have to put in my two cents for anyone that sees this after the fact like I did.

I think the timer idea is cool. I also think espionage mains should get a skill or feat that allows remote detonation of a mine they set. When they set it in this special way, it disables the autotrigger mechanism, so you have to be watching for when you set the mine off. To restrict this, the detonator could first of all be something the espy has to make, and second, could be limited to use within a sector range. Say ten or so sectors, so you can’t blow people to smithereens from across the galaxy.

In fact, if you make remote detonators a skill, there could be a feat to increase the signal range on your detonators.

Also, for that person asking about amping power; I believe you can set multiple mines in the same room, so you essentially double the power of one by adding a second. They may not stack though, I really don’t know for sure. They might also explode if you try to set another in the same spot, so. Might be risky.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.