Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Johnson’s give idea
This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 15 years, 5 months ago by Avanga.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Bai Member
      December 4, 2008 at 11:33 pm #876

I think Johnson was right on the money by saying that we should impliment a more indepth give command.

It would be virtually identical to the tradedroid feature in that it’d give the option to DENY whatever is being given.

For instance.

Someone offers you refined carsanum.
      Do you accept or deny?

If you accept, you obviously get the item.

If you deny, you may get a string that says something like "you shake your head as you deny the item." Or something.. Doesn’t even need that.

The ability to accept or deny somethign that is given to you would be amazing. Thanks.

• Rojan QDel Member
      December 5, 2008 at 12:21 am #8290

Or you could just
      emote shakes his head as he denies the item
      drop carsanum OR give carsanum idiot

• Bai Member
      December 5, 2008 at 5:32 am #8293

um k

• Johnson Participant
      December 5, 2008 at 8:49 am #8295

I love it! Awesome idea. You can’t just stick stuff right into other people’s backpacks, you waggle it out in front of them and they either grab it or shove it back in your face. Give could still be used for the lamers who refused to convert but having this option would make certain things much easier to roleplay. Not to mention sales. Instead of handing over cash and hoping the engineer gives you something instead of taking off, you could just "offer armor johnson 150000" to offer some armor for 150k. Being virtually identical to tradedroid would seem to make coding a breeze on this one, and I’m all for it. That is all

• Ranman Participant
      December 5, 2008 at 11:24 am #8297

Horrible idea.
      If someone shoves something, it is possible you don’t have chance to deny it. Nobody can put things in your backpack but you, anyways. Removing all aspects of trust and possibility of theft whilst trading items player to player removes all fun from being a thief, and such.

• Andvari Participant
      December 5, 2008 at 4:47 pm #8303

You can’t make a game unplayable. By making everything "realistic" you strip away the fact that this is a MUD, you can’t just change all the basics. This is like putting in a "Soandso wants to fight you. Type Approve or Deny."

• Avanga Member
      December 5, 2008 at 9:28 pm #8319

I’d like to point out that you /can/ just put stuff in other peoples’ backpacks, and you can do it secretly, too (slip). If someone catches you putting random shit in their backpacks, they’ll probably be confused or deck you. Regardless, that’s more of an IC RP thing than it is a code-wise restriction thing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.