Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Jam Their Communications!
This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 7 months ago by Kirash.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Xaleron Participant
      September 7, 2013 at 8:13 pm #22276

So, there’s a slicer perk to knockout comms on a planet, but leave landed ship comms intact. And we have a slicer skill to temporarily jam the radar on a flying ship. Anyone else think it natural that either the same perk or a new perk should allow a slicer to jam communications on an enemy ship?

Likely just add it as an extra effect to the jam skill once a feat is taken, but not necessarily. It could be a separate command or extension of the skill (perhaps making it take longer, etc.).

• Sarac Participant
      September 9, 2013 at 7:10 am #22277

Funnily enough I said this as soon as it was implemented, it just doesn’t make sense to me that if a certain frequency is jammed that you’d be able to run to a pad… call about 20 taxi’s and hide on one of them, you’ll be able to get an emergency transmission out to someone before the person who may or may not be chasing you has checked the first 5 taxi’s and that’s just one scenario. I don’t think it should be a new perk I think it should be incorporated into the existing perk that it knocks out the ships comms too.. if not maybe add an advanced perk in?

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      September 9, 2013 at 11:20 am #22278

I agree.  In terms of how, if someone is using disrupt network, it would disrupt the entire system (which is only one planet in this case.).  In doing this, all ships, whether airborne, spaceborne, or planetside should be blocked too.  My reasoning behind this is that a galactic transmission wouldn’t use a ships communications array/antennea.  It would ping it off of the planet’s.  Perhaps I’m going way to nerdy with it, but that’s just my take on it.

• Xaleron Participant
      September 21, 2013 at 8:29 am #22443

No guys. No. In space. In SPACE.

Be able to jam any comms coming from a particular ship in space, like how JAM works for their radar. This would allow space ambushes and piracy to actually be somewhat stealthy.

• veric Participant
      September 21, 2013 at 10:50 am #22444

to avoid people calling 20 taxi’s and hiding out i suggest network disrupt cause a disruption in the ability to call taxi’s as well

• Kirash Participant
      September 21, 2013 at 11:31 am #22445

I would approve of Jam working to block comms as well as radar/prox. I’ve been wanting something like that for awhile.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.