This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 6 months ago by DCLXVI.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • DCLXVI Member
      September 28, 2009 at 9:55 pm #1223

Is it just me or is Jam more or less useless? I mean sure, it kills the radar, but that’s not really a huge help. I’d like to think since Jam is a level 100 skill, maybe if the slicer is level 150, Jam would also prevent any outgoing/incoming transmissions to the ship, IE comlinks don’t work, clan doesn’t work, hail/radio doesn’t work in addition to snubbing the radar.

Could help open up actual pirating and prevent the people on board a chance to make an emergency SOS before being boarded. Not to mention help with aiding in bringing down enemies. Would put slicer mains on the map more so then they already are (which I don’t think is much anyways). Also, the length of Jam should be extended and constant, not a variable of 15-45 seconds, but maybe just a full minute.

• Ilyena Participant
      September 29, 2009 at 6:09 am #11694

"Communications disruption can mean only one thing. Invasion."

• Xavier Keymaster
      September 29, 2009 at 9:00 am #11696

Jam isn’t [i:2oltmueb]completely[/i:2oltmueb] useless. Something I found out during the EoT is that, apparently, Jam also makes your enemy untarget whatever they happen to be targeting, and makes it impossible to target again for a while.

• Drel Member
      September 29, 2009 at 5:09 pm #11697
      "Xavier":3swu17ai wrote:
      Jam isn’t [i:3swu17ai]completely[/i:3swu17ai] useless. Something I found out during the EoT is that, apparently, Jam also makes your enemy untarget whatever they happen to be targeting, and makes it impossible to target again for a while.[/quote:3swu17ai]
      I also found out during the EoT that the time it takes to jam is LESS than the time it takes to target, so you can’t neutralize ships on a 1 slicer v. 1 pilot basis (something I think should be able to be done, considering weapon systems is a level 1 skill and jam is a level 100 skill).
    • Inactive
      September 29, 2009 at 6:31 pm #11699
      "Ilyena":2vbn1k3h wrote:
      "Communications disruption can mean only one thing. Invasion."[/quote:2vbn1k3h]

But our brocade is perfectly regal..

• DCLXVI Member
      November 4, 2010 at 5:06 am #15879

Bumping this just because I still think it’s a good idea. ::sagenod::

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.