Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Introducing cargo smuggling
This topic has 21 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 5 months ago by Kirash.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
    • veric Participant
      August 7, 2014 at 5:39 pm #24273

one thing that absolutely destroys the whole ‘secret landing pads’ is how readily findable landing pads are via locateship.

– perhaps some pads (Again blackmarket maybe?) will fake the landing location or perhaps give some classes the ability to obscure/fake the last landing pad location..

–perhaps a landing pad needs [security flag] to upload to the datanet where the ship is currently parked or was parked last? maybe have a flag that tosses [unregistered landing pad] up on locate ship?

after all nothing screams ZOMG UP TO NO GOOD like someone just coming from the shadowport or any of the other unlisted pads. i’d again push for a shipsecurity vs locateship user slice ability to determine just how much info is pulled up.

• Faern Participant
      November 4, 2014 at 12:15 pm #24386

I’d certainly like to see this available without having to rely on embargo.

• Walldo Keymaster
      November 5, 2014 at 8:02 pm #24387

On the other hand, maybe clans should be using embargo more. Selling passes was a great way to raise money for a clan. Maybe it shouldn’t be called an embargo?

• Faern Participant
      November 7, 2014 at 1:30 pm #24392

You’re right, using embargo more isn’t really a BAD thing. People just need to suck it up and stop crying about it. It’s not like we don’t have that sort of thing in real life. I mean, you can’t just go buy a boat and sail around trading shit without having to deal with the government….UNLESS you’re smuggling.

• Paco Participant
      November 8, 2014 at 2:18 am #24395

I feel like an “embargo” should be something a clan does to another world. Governing clans should be able to “restrict” trade on their own planets.

• Paco Participant
      November 8, 2014 at 2:23 am #24396

Would there be any way to code it in so that, say:

Leader of Kuat embargoes Nim Drovis, so ships that come from Nim Drovis cannot legally sell their cargo on Kuat (it would be a check on their last planet landed on), obviously this could be averted by flying to a different planet and then to Kuat, but who wants to do that.

Keeping in mind that embargo is different from restricting trade, where the latter would require citizens to obtain a permit while the former is a ban of all trade.

• Kirash Participant
      November 8, 2014 at 8:25 am #24397

[Now we all know that there will likely never be a clan leader who will put up embargos on their own planets outside of the Imperial Era or very special circumstances (Hapans) mainly because not many people are popular enough to get away with such a thing, and anyone, and I do mean ANYONE, in the Old Republic or New Republic who did that would get shouted out of office pretty quickly. So why make the skill something that is only useable when major clans feel like being dickheads?]

Just gonna leave this here to restate my point.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.