Legends of the Jedi Forums Off-Topic Internet Problem
This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 16 years, 1 month ago by Drel.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Karik Participant
      March 19, 2008 at 2:47 am #546

So.. I turned on my laptop this morning, and for some reason, the internet is fucked up. I Can’t connect to certain programs.. Like I have weather eye, and msn but they won’t connect when I try to use them, says something about the internet settings, also I can’t connect to any mud at all, when I click connect, the unable to connect window pops up right away. I am still able to use Internet Explorer, however, but I don’t know what is wrong, or how to fix it. Anyone have any Ideas?

• cirus Member
      March 19, 2008 at 3:47 pm #4572

Either your ISP has suddenly locked down all ports but 80 or you have some kind of problem on your own computer with ports other than 80 being blocked is what I would guess.

• Gidoran Participant
      March 19, 2008 at 9:10 pm #5383

I’d scream at your ISP about it. Verizon’s been doing that to me lately, with random moments where I can’t connect to anything but Google.

• Karik Participant
      March 22, 2008 at 10:20 pm #5529

Anyone have an idea how I can fix it, or check what is wrong before calling my ISP?

• Inactive
      March 23, 2008 at 10:20 pm #5548

First, we need more information.

1. What type of internet connection?
      2. Do you have more than one router, and what types are they?
      3. Did you recently update your computer or did anything related to the internet in any way change?
      4. What antivirus, firewall, and spamkiller software do you use, if any?

• Drel Member
      March 24, 2008 at 12:39 am #5552

As for general "SHTF" internet fixes… Release/renew? Ping websites you can’t connect to? Reboot modem?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.