Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Inter-Stellar Mining and Galactic Economy
This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 15 years, 3 months ago by Rojan QDel.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Skitter Member
      January 7, 2009 at 3:42 pm #934

A quick Idea

Random asteroids appear in different sectors, ships with large cargo capacity can approach and orbit these asteroids, then use tractor beams to break loose minerals form the asteroids surface, tractoring them into the cargo bay, once inside, the minerals can be taken to any main starport and sold, each starport has a fluctuating cost for selling the minerals, and starports enable ship captains to buy minerals at low prices in one sector, then travel to other sectors and sell them for profit.

This idea can pave the way for interstellar economics, companies can produce weapons and sell them on a market rather than face to face (which would still be available for black market, or anyone who just doesn’t want to use the markets at all). Stripped ship parts can be re-sold on the market at discount (as they are second-hand) for people with a lot less credits than needed for brand new components (the components would also need to be far less effective than brand new components).

Also, this can open the way for even more mineral types, of course, money gains and losses will have to be tweaked so people don’t end up with 80 billion credits.

Any thoughts?

• mutters Participant
      January 7, 2009 at 6:08 pm #8785

You could mine various materials from it like gems, precious metals (for jewelry), Other metals for engineering and rocks for selling.

• Jarrun Member
      January 7, 2009 at 9:15 pm #8786

it would certainly be something to do besides role playing and pking..not that there’s anything wrong with that

• Emmeline Participant
      January 16, 2009 at 9:18 pm #8859

I like the idea about being able to mine it for use or selling.

Then you could implement refineries, so that major shipbuilders wouldn’t have to spend 8m a week buying hull from a vendor, rather go out to an asteroid, mine durasteel ore, refine or smelt it, then use it. It’d give clans another option to do something together, and cut down on costs atleast. But also would be fun to explore the galaxy more than 3 or 4 main planets, and your occasional trip to somewhere else.

• mutters Participant
      January 19, 2009 at 6:20 pm #8968

I would love to set up an ore mining business selling raw and refined ore to engineer clans. Heck, i could even set up a mining clan for it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.