Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Inactive trained forcer apps
This topic has 12 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Quicksilver.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Zeromus Participant
      April 20, 2013 at 1:33 pm #21686

Direz came up with this on OOC and I liked it. If you go inactive for more than 30 days on a forcer that has achieved knight rank or higher you get kicked into an inactivity room (whether you were rolled or apped) and if you come back after that point you have to fill out a simple app to get put back in gameplay. The app could include questions like:

What are your plans for the character?

Do you intend to remain the same alignment?

How does this fit in with your character’s previous IC actions?

Then the character would also require a brand new character sheet and an updated history to be put back into play. There needs to be a big focus on improving forcer rp, and I think this would help out because we had multiple forcers go inactive last TL and come back only to do something way out of the scope of their character from before they disappeared.

• Corey Participant
      April 20, 2013 at 2:25 pm #21688

This is one of those ideas that I hate to love. It seems overly strict against players, but at the same time I agree that things like this need to be fixed.

• Zeromus Participant
      April 20, 2013 at 2:26 pm #21689

How is it overly strict to ask someone who has gone inactive on a character that is integral to the game’s roleplay to state their intent and update their history?

• Oteri Participant
      April 20, 2013 at 2:29 pm #21690

The only thing I don’t like is the lack of ability to just pick up and go with it.

• Falcon Participant
      April 20, 2013 at 5:29 pm #21691

Make it happen!

• Bai Participant
      April 20, 2013 at 6:48 pm #21692

People get sick, people have to quit playing for a while, IRL happens. If they want to play again, they shouldn’t have to justify their actions. I agree with app chars, because apping for a char and then sitting on it for a timeline is one thing but if you buy force or roll it, whatever. it might be annoying but shit happens.

• Zeromus Participant
      April 20, 2013 at 6:50 pm #21693

That’s fine. They’re allowed to quit playing for a while, but if they come back they should update the information on file about one of the more important characters in the game. If you were Chancellor and you disappeared, you wouldn’t be Chancellor when you came back regardless of what your IRL circumstances were. Why should it be different for a forcer?

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      April 20, 2013 at 8:11 pm #21694

Bai, I think the point being made here is when they go inactive and return, they act like completely different people.  The app would make them set who they are prior to re-integrating into the MUD as a forcer.

• Bai Participant
      April 21, 2013 at 8:11 pm #21712

No, they wouldn’t be CHancellor but why shouldn’t that RP play out? If you go away and come back and suddenly you think you’re chancellor, then the IC repercussions would make it interesting.  You shouldn’t have to app to get back in the game. You log in, suddenly you’re in empire space as a jedi from era 1 and you die or talk your way out of it.

• Zeromus Participant
      April 21, 2013 at 8:12 pm #21713

This wouldn’t eliminate any of that at all. Let’s use your example. I’ve gone inactive on a hardcore good align Jedi from era 1. I come back in era 2 and omg Empire’s here join or die. In era 1, I would have never joined the Sith because the Republic was dominant and it made sense for my RP. In era 2, I have no incentive not to join the Empire because suddenly my clan is gone. If you indicated that in your reactivation app, you might not get approved. We had multiple Jedi who had gone inactive in era 1 last tl inexplicably become die hard Empire supporters just so they wouldn’t die after coming back from inactivity. It was silly.

• Oteri Participant
      April 22, 2013 at 9:13 am #21721

Or we could just keep going with what we’ve got and not have any forcers.

• Quicksilver Participant
      April 22, 2013 at 9:18 am #21722

That will only last so long. If it hasn’t happened already, my money is on an imm getting itchy and setting up a character with force.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.