Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium In regards to space.
This topic has 5 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 2 months ago by Zakattack.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Quicksilver Participant
      March 10, 2014 at 5:48 pm #23791

So since everyone and their cousin has an idea about lotj space, I had one as well. Rather than removing or altering battlegroups and ending up with a numbers game, my suggestion is more of a tweak. Hyperspace travel seems like it’d be a pretty stressful event for a ship, and I recall that ships couldn’t make the jumps with shields up. So, that’s about my suggestion. You wanna jump to hyperspace, gotta turn off your shields.

• Xavious Participant
      March 10, 2014 at 7:25 pm #23792

That’s an interesting idea and I’ve read a few books recently that described this particular limitation for hyperspace fleet movements. Disengaging to attempt to flee was a risk in the books due to this fact. I’m not sure how much of a real difference it would make in an LOTJ fleet engagement, but it’s definitely something to think about and test out.

• cnemus Participant
      March 10, 2014 at 8:39 pm #23805

This idea might require a delay to turning shields on and recharging after exiting hyper or really the tracking times would kinda negate the point on that end, insta shield off/hyper also would negate on the fleeing side. I like the idea if a timer were present. Give someone a few good whacks after they jump in (if they are close) or before they leave, gives you a chance to actually disable them with ions.

Fleet battles: Can’t drop a suprise fleet on top of someone without risking a huge broadside volley, unless they aren’t paying attention. Can’t flee or pop around to catch up as easily, without risk.

Single ships: Trying to pin with a single ship becomes a much riskier venture if they don’t have shields for a sec. Even if you can’t kill that cappie coming after you, you can pop ’em in the nose once.

In general I really like our space systems. I put this in the, “I’d like to try it but I don’t ‘need’ it” category.

• Logan Participant
      March 11, 2014 at 1:18 am #23823

Just have hyperdrive automatically wipe shields on exit. Then its a matter of burning more fuel to get the shields recharged or wait around for your shields to come up slowly and conserve fuel. Would make for some more tactical based planning to how you want the battle prior to the engagement as the aggressor.
      The defender has the benefit of being able to engage immediately and attempt to destroy the lead ship, would make for more epic space battles!

• Zakattack Participant
      March 12, 2014 at 12:38 pm #23839

In general I really like our space systems. I put this in the, “I’d like to try it but I don’t ‘need’ it” category.

Agreed. I like the idea, although the timer would almost have to be in place for it to have any affect, but it isn’t something that /needs/ to change /right now/.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.