Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Identifying clones
This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 4 months ago by Paco.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    • Rolek Participant
      December 30, 2012 at 5:55 am #20647

Sometimes people lie and claim to be clones to avoid responsibility for their actions. Actual clones can be falsely accused of doing this.

It seems reasonable that an expert would be able to determine the truth. This should be part of diagnose, requiring a high medical level and maybe forensics and medical sciences.

One line like “This person is not a clone.” or “This is a x-generation clone.” would do the trick.

• downer Participant
      December 30, 2012 at 1:10 pm #20649

Won’t diagnosing show you if they have cybernetics?  I thinks it’s pretty reasonable that if someone could afford a clone, they would have cybernetics first.  If you diagnose someone who’s been in the galaxy for awhile, and they have no cybernetics, that should be a good indicator.  Also all the clones I know, cannot install cybernetics once activated.

• Zakattack Participant
      December 30, 2012 at 1:22 pm #20651

Still it wouldn’t hurt to have the extra diagnostic. Don’t be such a downer. 😛

• Altrez Participant
      December 31, 2012 at 6:21 am #20652

No need to attack him, Zak!

• Rolek Participant
      December 31, 2012 at 6:44 am #20653

Cybernetics can be replaced in the first hour of a clone’s life. They prove nothing.

If clones can’t have cybernetics for some reason, that’s a bug which needs to be fixed anyway.

• Archeon Participant
      January 2, 2013 at 7:05 am #20682

If you want to identify clones. That would have to occur during the cloning process or perhaps shortly after it. Giving a clone a distinct mark ect ect/something/something. Otherwise there is no known way, nor should there be. It is up to the cloners/Immortals

• Kirash Participant
      January 2, 2013 at 10:27 am #20683

If it isn’t broke, don’t fix it. Honestly there’s no reason to put this in as a coded thing just because a few people act like this ICly and *gasp* causes IC consequences. If you really really want something like this, ask the Imms if it is feasible to develop it. Otherwise, no.

• Baxtalo Participant
      January 2, 2013 at 4:43 pm #20686

I like the idea of this sort of thing, so you can just STFU Kirash!

Having the medical science adepted makes sense for having a line on diagnose saying something like “This is an x-generation clone”, and I cannot see a negative thing behind that. Overall, Rolek’s idea is a good one.

• Walldo Keymaster
      January 2, 2013 at 5:02 pm #20688

I guess this could be part of diagnose but I don’t think this is such a big problem that it needs a fix. I despise the “I’m a clone I’m a different person leave me alone” attitude more than anyone but it’s an RP problem that I think is best sorted with RP.

• neven Participant
      January 2, 2013 at 6:11 pm #20690

It doesn’t actually make sense to be able to determine a clone apart from the original anyway. Even if you are a medical expert and even if you are familiar with the original subject’s genome, mutations can occur throughout an organisms life anyway, so if there are any subtle genetic differences they’re still fully explainable in both possibilities of clone or original.

• Kirash Participant
      January 3, 2013 at 9:15 am #20694

Temper temper Baxtalo.

I agree with Walldo. It’s an RP thing that needs to be sorted out ICly…just like I said before.

• Paco Participant
      January 4, 2013 at 2:46 am #20700

I’m inclined to agree that a way to identify clones via diagnose would be a good thing. I’m fairly tired of this clone issue as well, and people claiming to be absolved of all their sins because they allegedly died and rose three days (ish) later. Henceforth, the Jesus Complex.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.