Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Idea for Comlinks and Microphones
This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 3 months ago by Xavious.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • magrog Participant
      January 13, 2015 at 10:50 pm #24541

What you guys thinks about a command that let you check all your commlink and microphones frequency? Something like ‘checkfrequency’ or ‘checkfreq’.

‘checkfrequency’
      A compact encryptable comlink marked Imperial Remnants (FREQUENCY: 1)
      A compact encryptable comlink marked Alliance (FREQUENCY: 10)
      A compact encryptable comlink marked Zero (FREQUENCY: 0)

Or it could be a skill for the Slicer group instead?

Cya.

• Kirash Participant
      January 14, 2015 at 11:39 am #24542

Holding your comlinks or typing currentcom [comlink] achieves the same effect and isn’t really too difficult to do unless you’ve taken to naming your comlinks way too similar. I personally don’t feel there’s a need for a lazy way around it, but that’s me. Now for microphones, I can partially understand why you can’t see what channel it is tuned to and it is kind of pointless to try to figure out what channel it is because chances are once it is found out, the channel will just be abandoned. However, people have been known to slip up and I’m all for anything that could help with counter intelligence.

EDIT: Besides, I can just see situations where people would just spam a command like that just to make sure they aren’t mic’d.

• Xavious Participant
      January 14, 2015 at 1:46 pm #24546

I admit that this type of functionality would be convenient, but I don’t think it’s necessary. The game already supports two means of checking channels, which Kirash already mentioned. Until Kirash mentioned it, I also hadn’t considered how it could be used as an exploit to discover planted microphones.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.