Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat IC Punctuation
This topic has 6 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 3 months ago by KRESKZZORZ.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Zeromus Participant
      January 18, 2013 at 1:25 am #20776

I just watched four separate players on commnet 0, not a single one of them using punctuation. No capitals, commas, no periods. Please, I ask everyone, start using punctuation IC. It’s 2013, LOTJ is somewhat culpable as well, there is absolutely no excuse for not having autopunctuation (autocap/autoperiod) on say, talk etc.

Also: Messing up your spelling and punctuation and saying it’s because your character is stupid just makes YOU look stupid. There are a million other ways to make your character appear to have below average intelligence, refusing to use punctuation and misspelling words is not a literary device.

• Zakattack Participant
      January 18, 2013 at 8:36 am #20779

I don’t have auto-anything and I still don’t have any problems not adding a period or capping the beginning of every sentence. It’s not that hard, really. I understand some people say having good punctuation slows their typing speed, but it’s not that important to get that retort in on commnet zero immediately. Just type slower and pay attention, please. 🙂

• Kirash Participant
      January 18, 2013 at 11:09 am #20780

The internet is illiterate. I’ve seen people who are really good at grammar typing like shit as soon as they get online. Then again, for some other people, yes they really are that stupid.

• Baxtalo Participant
      January 18, 2013 at 12:17 pm #20781

Some times, I miss a . or shift. I think we all do.

But what Zeromus is saying is expressly valid. We are an RP/PK mud. The RP is an important part of it, and by getting rid of chatspeak, and adding proper grammar, punctuation and capitalization, it does over half the work for us. It is a pretty easy deal to do. Even easier if you are on a phone, as phones autocorrect.

• Altrez Participant
      January 18, 2013 at 6:12 pm #20782

This belongs here:  http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation

(But yeah, get it together, people!)

• Ralen Keymaster
      February 17, 2013 at 10:52 am #21005

And yet people keep overruling me on hard-coding the game to auto punctuate sentences with a full stop at the end and capital letters at the beginning…

• KRESKZZORZ Participant
      February 17, 2013 at 5:50 pm #21013

i’d like there to not be auto punctuation and capitalization because i’d have a harder time figuring out which characters to avoid

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.