This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years, 6 months ago by Ryken.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • Ryken Participant
      October 29, 2015 at 10:27 am #27241

So was puttering around, help exploring myself to some conclusions about makeblaster when I lamented for the dozenth time that a 150 sci/eng cannot friggin’ ostat an item they have created with their own hands and know volumes of science about (that’s another thread), when I thought, well if an engineer can’t, and a scientist can’t, why not an ENGINEER-SCIENTIST!?

So that’s when I had an idea that it would be cool to have an extra layer of meta feats on top of what we have to further specialize characters or perhaps unlock potent combo abilities for thusly disciplined characters.

The decision tree looks like this so far:

Would hybrid feats be cool and are they worth talking about?

If yes, do you think they should just be for characters who attain 150/150 in 2 classes or could it be a bit more relaxed say 125/125 or even 100/100 or perhaps 150/100?

What would the ultimate design look like? Here’s my first draft:

1. *One hybrid feat for each class pairing, it’ll be powerful, relevant and useful
      2. *EITHER you burn one of your 3 feat points on a hybrid feat OR you get *1* hybrid feat point (leaning towards the former)
      3. *Should people only get access to hybrid feats that feature their main class, *OR* should anybody who meets the requirements get access to it? (i.e. combat main with 120 PIL and 140 SCI can get SCI-PIL hybrid feat?)

What should the hybrid feats be, how powerful/impactful?

So yeah, that’s what I got, here’s some ideas to get you started if you want to contribute:

CLINICAL TRIALS
      REQUIREMENTS: ENG 150, SCI 150
      Command: trials <object>
      Perform clinical lab trials on an object to determine all of its properties in extreme detail. This process is very time consuming (30 rounds) and costs 5,000 credits. Must be initiated at a [Library] (maybe a special [Laboratory] flagged room on a neutral world? HMMM.) Other cool things about this feat: You can hide more shit in the game like gems and components since it won’t be annoying to suss out. Indies can figure shit out on their own better. Trials data that’s passed around the game in the form of disks or on datapads becomes valuable intel targets for espi types.

=======

FALSE FLAG OPERATION
      REQUIREMENTS: SMU 140, SLI 140
      Command: falseflag
      This operation can only be performed at a communications relay. The slicer sends a powerful burst of chaotic hostile network activity to the security mainframe of the planetary government, triggering random security alerts from all security rooms that report to that government (yes, interplanetary) for a duration of 3 minutes. This would obviously be for operations, so that maybe people can be brazen and attempt shit during peak hours and cause confusion/fun/chaos instead of just doing shit in the dead of night or something.

========

Anyway that’s what I got, feel free to chime in with ideas/shit can this whole thread.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.