This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 7 months ago by veric.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Argile Member
      September 7, 2013 at 6:27 pm #22270

So I was tossing around ideas in my head when, I came up with this.

Instead of no one being able to enter your house except for residents or gov. officials. How about have keys for the door to the house to lock and Unlock the Door? Making it possible to get into someones house instead of them hiding in there all day.  If you have a key you can unlock the door and come inside. If you forget to lock the door when you enter or leave, anyone could open the door.

Any thoughts on this?

• Argile Member
      September 7, 2013 at 6:29 pm #22271

This would also put more use on Duplicating keys. Instead of it only being a super slow way of leveling Espionage.

• Xaleron Participant
      September 7, 2013 at 7:17 pm #22273

When we were talking about this on OOC, it was also established that there would have to be some sort of automation to give you a key when you buy the home… Which would also have to set the doorlock to now only accept that key… To prevent previous owners from coming back, etc.

And the doors would have to be pretty much everything-proof, otherwise no one in their right mind would own a home outside of a clanbase (and even then…). Duplicate should also be moved higher in the skill list if this were to happen, due to the obvious increase of usefulness.

With all of that taken care of, it wouldn’t be a bad idea IMO, though a similar thing has existed before on the planet Wroona (probably others too) where it wasn’t automated at all and ended up just being a giant pain for the home owners and the Imms they had to bug to get keys made.

• Argile Member
      September 7, 2013 at 7:24 pm #22274

Yep, Thank you for Further explaining it for me. (I forgot about that part) >.>

• Flek Participant
      September 7, 2013 at 7:55 pm #22275

The reason Resident was changed to two people guys was because people started doing this very thing to make clan basses on every planet. The Rebels bought a phome and used it as a base on Coruscant for example. The home owner added everyone in his clan as Resident. Imms did not like this generally the pbase did not like this so you have a 2 person limit for this. What you propose defeats that.

• veric Participant
      September 9, 2013 at 3:30 pm #22284

Argiles dad needs to keep an eye on him.. a swinger in the making.

• Argile Member
      September 9, 2013 at 5:54 pm #22301

That is not why I wanted to have houses have keys. >.>

• veric Participant
      September 9, 2013 at 9:13 pm #22331

Just hold onto this lesson until college or university Argile.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.