Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Hiding prisoners
This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 16 years, 5 months ago by Walldo.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Adriav Member
      October 30, 2007 at 4:37 am #208

Being stunned, grabbed, or bound should automatically clear any hide or invis status effects. Prisoners keeping hide and invis makes no sense, and it gets annoying when you’re trying to transport a prisoner who had been hiding previously.

• Mojo Participant
      October 30, 2007 at 4:52 am #1991

Agreed. That does get a bit annoying and it makes little sense. We were having trouble with Talak hiding while unconcious/stunned, luckily I had the goggles. Erm.. spamming sometimes works!

• Jinjin Member
      October 30, 2007 at 9:28 am #1998

I’m going to have to agree as well. You wouldn’t be able to hide yourself that well that no one could see you if you had handcuffs on (or restrained any other way). How could you possibly lose track of someone you just handcuffed? I’ve seen it happen and its rather irritating.

• Drel Member
      October 30, 2007 at 1:24 pm #2017

Hide, yes. Camo, no. Why? Hiding takes effort; camo is a natural ability. Having grab and such take away camo is about as dumb as the sit code not letting you study.

• Aleksei Participant
      October 30, 2007 at 3:06 pm #2031
      "RenegadeJedi":24zuvzu3 wrote:
      Hide, yes. Camo, no. Why? Hiding takes effort; camo is a natural ability. Having grab and such take away camo is about as dumb as the sit code not letting you study.[/quote:24zuvzu3]

Completely agree. Defel – for example – have natural camo. Camo and hide are two serparate things entirely. If a Corellian smuggler is hiding, and I grab him, he is no longer an unobvious super sleuth. Defel, on the other hand, would still be invisible to everyone else, making me look like a crazy man grabbing thin air.

• Drel Member
      October 30, 2007 at 6:30 pm #2056

This topic reminds me of an idea that’s been floating around for quite some time… a "light ambiance," to match the current sound one. Would affect all the hide/invis skills but mask (yes, camo too–the only description of it being used in combat shows that flicking bright lights on fucked it up), and sneak.

• Final_Fantasy_Lover Member
      November 16, 2007 at 3:01 pm #3203
      "RenegadeJedi":38mn8d5x wrote:
      This topic reminds me of an idea that’s been floating around for quite some time… a "light ambiance," to match the current sound one. Would affect all the hide/invis skills but mask (yes, camo too–the only description of it being used in combat shows that flicking bright lights on fucked it up), and sneak.[/quote:38mn8d5x]
      Builders who actually make an effort can simulate that effect. I actually have developed rprogs that completely elimate a player’s ability to use hide/sneak in areas where there’s supposed to be no place to hide, or sneak if the room’s abience is wrong. (Yes, there are places where you’re not supposed to be able to sneak). All it does is force them to ‘vis’ when they input the hide command, and cause an echoaround when they enter the designated room.
    • Fishy Participant
      November 16, 2007 at 10:04 pm #3209

Yeah. The other thing is people hiding in a prison cell when you wake them up for RP. It’s a fucking prison cell. According to the Rdesc, it’s a tiny little room with a huge bright light and NO FURNITURE. How are you gonna hide?

• Drel Member
      November 29, 2007 at 7:39 pm #3593

Well, if you’re a Gurlanin… hope they don’t notice the second prison cot?

• Walldo Keymaster
      November 30, 2007 at 12:05 am #3599

redit flags nohide ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.