Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Hanger-opening Commands
This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 10 months ago by veric.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • CaptainJordan Member
      June 28, 2014 at 3:21 am #24168

What about allowing REMOTEBAY and FAKESIGNAL from inside the hanger?

I was thinking about this, if I’m at the controls of my ship (which is parked inside another), what does it matter whether the REMOTEBAY signal is set from inside or outside the parent ship? If I own the ship, or have access to the hanger (the codes), it should be a simple matter to use this access to close the hanger bay without necessarily having access to the bridge.

FAKESIGNAL is certainly stickier, but I think it would improve the challenge factor for captures. There’s always going to be a reasonable risk that the character captured has a decent amount of slicing skills, or any other skills that facilitate an escape.

I submit this to the community of the MUD for their opinions.

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      June 28, 2014 at 1:11 pm #24169

I like fakesignal right now because there is always a chance of death with failure. If you were able to use in from inside the ship, then there should be a risk of death with failure. So, in the instance where there is a failed fakesignal from within the hangar, perhaps we could have a ‘turret’ appear and destroy the vessel, with no damage to the capturer’s ship (Episode 1 style). Remotebay, on the other hand, should be usable within the hangar, methinks.

• CaptainJordan Member
      June 28, 2014 at 1:36 pm #24170

So, in the instance where there is a failed fakesignal from within the hangar, perhaps we could have a ‘turret’ appear and destroy the vessel, with no damage to the capturer’s ship (Episode 1 style).

Why must you torture me with that memory? That poor Consular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😛

Good idea, Frump, that adds some nice balance.

• Xavious Participant
      July 1, 2014 at 6:10 pm #24172

An interesting prospect, but I don’t think the magical turret is really necessary. Odds are you’re going to get roasted as soon as you launch out of the bay anyway.

• Paco Participant
      July 6, 2014 at 6:55 pm #24190

It’d be cool to have a delay for opening/closing hangars. For instance.

closebay1
      The doors on hangar one begin to close.

(5 seconds later)

The doors on hanger one close.

Same for opening them as well.

Also, when a bay is fakesignaled it would make sense that the commander of the ship might not be able to open/close that bay for a few seconds afterwards.

• veric Participant
      July 6, 2014 at 8:39 pm #24191

the ability to outright sabotage a ships ability to open and close the hangers would be interesting. would certainly give people options during an escape attempt if the captain was trying to close the hanger to stop an escape and couldn’t

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.