Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Hands-free Comlinks
This topic has 13 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 11 months ago by Faern.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    • Bai Participant
      May 31, 2012 at 12:23 pm #19053

Yesterday I suggested the idea on OOC that if you have an ear-link comlink you should be able to talk and gossip while making things. For instance, I spent 7 hours of my time ICly yesterday making medpacs. I was unable to do ANYTHING ELSE, not even answer comms or chat with people. Medpacs taking forever is another story, but if I could have at least been able to chat with someone, it would have made it a BIT easier. Engineering crap in general takes /FOREVER/. So I think, maybe the stipulation could be, earlink+engineering levels. Or something. I’m not saying everyone should be going out and having uninterrupted talking all the time, but jesus some of the things we spend so much time doing is retarded and boring and there should be no reason why we can’t gossip say, on clan.

(OOC) *Quicksilver: I actually agree with Bai from yesterday about hands-free comlinks.
      (OOC) *Quicksilver: Talk should be an non-interrupt action
      (OOC) *Quicksilver: Just logging in to say that

Words never to be spoken again, but he agrees so therefore it’s legit.

• Baxtalo Participant
      May 31, 2012 at 1:53 pm #19054

I spend a lot of time doing engineering/studying/locating ships/other actions with timers, and keep in touch with people while I am doing so. It’s easy. You either interrupt your action and restart it again, or wait until the last action completes and send your talk. It is very easy to still be productive while being talkative. You just have to consciously re-enter the start, just like you consciously type out the talk to begin with.

That being said, a Bluetooth-style comlink would be incredibly useful if you were in the middle of trying to put on a disguise and communicate at the same time or something during a time sensitive situation.

• Zeromus Participant
      May 31, 2012 at 3:35 pm #19058

Given that I can sit there and scream my head off into a comlink in the middle of a firefight or a lightsaber duel, being able to talk while crafting something doesn’t seem like that big of a deal. I’m totally for it.

• Jinjin Member
      May 31, 2012 at 3:44 pm #19062

I agree with Baxtalo. Just interupt your work and then restart it. The fact you spent 7 hours of your life on something like medpac’s isn’t our concern. That’s the life of an engineer sadly. I would rather they work on coding or fixing something else over having a bluetooth comlink that I can talk into. If you need conversation that badly, ask someone to come hang out in the workshop. Another suggestion is wear a mic tuned to that channel and talk away. Say’s don’t pull away from the action, so if you say it, it will be put on the comlink channel. There is your bluetooth solution. Problem solved…NEXT!

• Kirash Participant
      May 31, 2012 at 8:28 pm #19069

And according to your logic, Baxtalo and Jinjin, engineers should be the only ones continuing a masochistic lifestyle? Seriously. I don’t see the problem with this. As someone who plays engineers routinely, I would like to see something like this where talk and clan doesn’t interrupt action timers.

Your mic idea is fuckin dumb, Jinjin.

• Jinjin Member
      June 1, 2012 at 3:31 pm #19076

I play almost nothing but Engy’s. You don’t hear me whining about disterbing my task. I gave you a simple enough solution if you really felt you had the gossip. Otherwise don’t cry over spilt milk and just press the button again to start your task.

The mic idea works, for those who really feel they need to talk. I gave a solution for what was already in the game without out having to do any extra work. So thanks for shitting on my idea ass clown.

I don’t see the point in taking someones time to code it out, when all you have to do is press enter. It’s not as if you press talk once and it ruins 3 hours of work. you simply restart a task that takes a minute to complete. I agreed that it would be okay (in ooc with Bai) to have, but I also can see the flip side of why waste the time to worry about something so mundaine.

• Zeromus Participant
      June 1, 2012 at 11:20 pm #19077

Unless you are the coder, posting the response of “there’s better things for them to do” is stupid in the Brainstormatorium, please stop. Making talk and clan not interrupt engineering skills is so easy even I could do it and I am a retard.

• Kirash Participant
      June 2, 2012 at 6:36 am #19078

Your microphone idea was dumb because it’s a stupid workaround for a relatively simple tweak and one that (God forbid, I know) would actually be a DECENT tweak. Go shit on someone else’s forums.

• Bai Participant
      June 2, 2012 at 8:21 am #19080

If you think that was me whining, you have heard nothing yet. That was me making a suggestion. Get out of here if you aren’t going to help the discussion. Kthx.

• Bai Participant
      June 2, 2012 at 8:21 am #19081

“The mic idea works, for those who really feel they need to talk. I gave a solution for what was already in the game without out having to do any extra work. So thanks for shitting on my idea ass clown.”

You shitted on MY idea. Fuck you.

• Terezi Participant
      June 2, 2012 at 9:32 am #19083

The engineer I played would have greatly appreciated this change. I’m behind it.

• Jinjin Member
      June 2, 2012 at 2:54 pm #19085

I didn’t shit on your idea Bai. I just don’t see the point. I know, god forbid someone disagree with someone else but I believe that is what these forums are for.

• Bai Participant
      June 2, 2012 at 5:10 pm #19086

GOD FORBID INDEED.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.