This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 15 years, 8 months ago by Zurgbra.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Final_Fantasy_Lover Member
      August 28, 2008 at 8:41 pm #773

use: HackRoster <target player>

As this skill implies, it allows a slicer (a very high level slicer) to hack into the targetted player’s clan roster. Now, there’s a couple of limitations.
      1) It requires 2x the ammount of time that a base roster command requires.
      2) one of the involved parties must have the roster empowerment
      – This is to avoid twinkery. I considered suggesting that the person being scanned must have
      – roster, but then cleverer clans would take away the empowerment before sending someone
      – into the field. Or requiring both involved parties to have roster, but the same problem
      – arises. Now, the requirement to have roster is explicitly to limit rogue slicers from grabbing
      – a hidden clan’s member, stealing their roster, and then blackmailing them or something.

Also, to prevent someone from resigning specifically to prevent this skill from being useful, perhaps it should look at the last clan the player was in.

• Drel Member
      August 28, 2008 at 8:47 pm #7689
      "Final_Fantasy_Lover":222z90jg wrote:
      Also, to prevent someone from resigning specifically to prevent this skill from being useful, perhaps it should look at the last clan the player was in.[/quote:222z90jg]
      Handcuffs and stunning both prevent resigning for a reason.
    • Flek Participant
      August 29, 2008 at 12:16 pm #7693
      "Final_Fantasy_Lover":36z4ff1y wrote:
      use: HackRoster <target player>

As this skill implies, it allows a slicer (a very high level slicer) to hack into the targetted player’s clan roster. Now, there’s a couple of limitations.
      1) It requires 2x the ammount of time that a base roster command requires.
      2) one of the involved parties must have the roster empowerment
      – This is to avoid twinkery. I considered suggesting that the person being scanned must have
      – roster, but then cleverer clans would take away the empowerment before sending someone
      – into the field. Or requiring both involved parties to have roster, but the same problem
      – arises. Now, the requirement to have roster is explicitly to limit rogue slicers from grabbing
      – a hidden clan’s member, stealing their roster, and then blackmailing them or something.

Also, to prevent someone from resigning specifically to prevent this skill from being useful, perhaps it should look at the last clan the player was in.[/quote:36z4ff1y]

No way in hell. I can see soo much cheating going on.

• Kirash Participant
      August 29, 2008 at 1:47 pm #7696

It’s an interesting idea, but it opens the floodgates of doom where SpyApp/Think Logs are involved.

• Final_Fantasy_Lover Member
      August 29, 2008 at 10:05 pm #7698
      "Flek":33yfk99b wrote:
      No way in hell. I can see soo much cheating going on.[/quote:33yfk99b]

How would it be cheating if you can only hack a warring clan’s roster IF you have a live clannie that’s bound or knocked out in front of you?
      Further, it would be really dumb to try this in the field, given the time limitation I put on it. It gives the target’s allies PLENTY of time to find him and bust him out, or for said clannie to find his own way to stop up the hacker.

• Corey Participant
      August 29, 2008 at 11:37 pm #7699

Sorry, I don’t really get how this makes much sense. How would having the person in front of you, give you access to all that information? Are all the clan rosters attached to fingerprint scans? DNA matching? There’s really no connection here.

• Flek Participant
      August 30, 2008 at 5:03 pm #7700

I dont likey you. My buddy is gonna make an alt join your clan and then im gonna cpature him. Spyapp wont be broken because he is my prisoner. We have enough info leaking from this shit already dont let them have more. Roster is an empowerment for a reason if you want a key clans roster kidnaped a key member who has the empowerment hold him prisoner and get roster from him. Under spyapp your allowed to do this without one.

• Zurgbra Member
      September 10, 2008 at 5:50 am #7762

This is a remarkably bad idea. There are ways to get access to the enemy roster already, which ensure it is properly handled and not abused. I particularly agree with the point about, how would having a person in the room with you give you access to their clan roster somehow by scanning them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.