This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 11 months ago by Fishy.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Helix Participant
      November 12, 2007 at 7:28 pm #318

Where did all the player made guides go? I know there used to be a few about for harder classes to raise like espionage, smuggling, slicer, etc.

• Ranman Participant
      November 13, 2007 at 1:13 am #3083

Only new mudders would really need guides. Most things are easy to level, or can be found out how to level easy enough.

Some non-leveling guides would be nice. There’s a piloting one floating around, maybe some "what not to do" "how to start" and such guides would prove beneficial.

• Helix Participant
      November 13, 2007 at 3:16 am #3085

New Pilot:

WHAT NOT TO DO:
      1) Attack a capital ship.
      2) Fly into the sun.
      3) Try to hijack someone without combat skills

• Anna Member
      November 13, 2007 at 1:20 pm #3092

My focus right now is creating guides for new mudders. I have a guide already made for people who find us via web search to help get them connected. If anyone would like to take on the responsibility of writing other helpful guides for new mudders, that would be great. When completed and approved, they will be posted on the website.

• Ranman Participant
      November 14, 2007 at 1:07 am #3108
      "Helix":1qorfm1a wrote:
      New Pilot:

WHAT NOT TO DO:
      1) Attack a capital ship.
      2) Fly into the sun.
      3) Try to hijack someone without combat skills[/quote:1qorfm1a]

What’s a capital ship?
      How many suns are there and where are they located?
      How do I fly into anything?
      Is Hijack a skill?
      Can I only fight with combat skills?

– Your guide sucks.

• Ranman Participant
      November 15, 2007 at 12:42 pm #3171

I think that’s the guide originally in the NMOTD three or four years ago.

Takes me back.

• Compel Bast Member
      November 16, 2007 at 4:20 pm #3207

I’ve actually noticed Keira starting to appear and disappear on msn recently.

• jec Member
      April 22, 2008 at 6:40 pm #5857

Aahahaha, I like how in that guide on races it’s nothing but RP bullshit. New guides need to have the stats for each race and what the trainable maxes are, HP, etc.

Bonus edit: "10. Your things can be stolen, your ships destroyed, your credits dried up, your character permed, but you always have your imagination." AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Avanga Member
      May 20, 2008 at 4:29 am #6382

The author clearly never met Jec.

• Helix Participant
      December 20, 2008 at 9:06 am #8553
      "Ranmyaku":69alk5sa wrote:
      What’s a capital ship?
      How many suns are there and where are they located?
      How do I fly into anything?
      Is Hijack a skill?
      Can I only fight with combat skills?

– Your guide sucks.[/quote:69alk5sa]

Didn’t realize I had this post here at the bottom. Sucks for me, heh. And Ranmyaku, you can just shush if you’re going to be a condescending jerk, guides are for noobs not complete morons.

• Siradril Participant
      June 3, 2009 at 6:27 pm #10005

So here is the thing, next timeline almost all of the planets will change and this guide will become an ash in the ashtray, until then I could write a few lines for Combat leveling;

If you find yourself in a position where there are no friends(IC friends) who can help you out or you do not wish other people’s help then these are the ways to go about it;

1- Studying a datachip.

2-

As a level one combatant, I’d suggest you to train your constitution – strength to their maximum. As you level up there might be occasions where you will gain bonus attributes to your str – con – hr – dr. So if you have trained your strength-constitution to maximum and if you get a bonus you’ll be able to attain a higher attribute which you normally cannot unless you have a cybernetic implanted on your character.

You are a well trained, level one combatant with the equipments coming from the Academy. It’ll be a pain in the ass for the first few levels until you have kick, which should be a level 6 combat skill. There are several places in the game that will offer you various holographic npcs to train with. Coruscant was meant to be a newbie friendly planet, and its combat structure will allow you to level up just fine. Once you reach level six, you will need to start killing the combat droids on Lorrd – use kick and spam the hell out of it. It’ll take you to level 40-50 at which rate you will be able to use a blaster or blade with advanced and basic skill combination. I personally suggest you use a blaster(Repeater to be specific) as it will prove to be much more useful on the long run. Go to the lorrdian mines and start killing of the npc in there, it’ll let you level up your bh and combat + you’ll get to earn credits. Head to Bespin when you reach level 60, train with the combatdroids there.

After reaching level 100, I suggest you go to Nar Shaddaa and snipe the npc there.

PS: I just wrote this, so it’d not be the best but It can help the newbies to level up without other people’s help.

• Fishy Participant
      June 13, 2009 at 6:40 am #10048

Except there’s going to be no datachip leveling in a few weeks… er.. months.. er.. a year or two?

Ah well. Might as well teach the newbs about chips, since they’ll be old hands by the time the next TL rolls around.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.