Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium goggles, expanded
This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 7 months ago by Fishy.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Final_Fantasy_Lover Member
      October 6, 2010 at 1:31 am #1476

How about having two different ‘classes’ of goggles.
      IR goggles, such as we have now, nerf hide, letting you USUALLY detect someone who is stationary in the room, but under the effect of ‘hide’ or ‘camoflage’

Motion-sensing goggles would, conversely, nerf sneak, letting you see someone moving in and out of the room even if they have sneak turned on.
      Of course, only one type of goggle could be worn at any one time.

• Fishy Participant
      October 7, 2010 at 12:43 am #11585

ZE GOGGLES! THEY DO NOTHING!

• Kirash Participant
      October 8, 2010 at 4:00 am #11167

I realize that this idea is so someone can recognize when someone is entering a room, leaving a room, and/or approaching someone while sneaked, but the command "watch <victim>" already functions in this manner. There would be little point to having sneak if everyone was using these kinds of goggles. At least hide and camo still have somewhat of a point even with goggles.

I think if you want sneak awareness, have it like hide awareness where whether or not you can detect someone (without goggles) depend on your Intelligence (I think this is what it is based off of).

• Final_Fantasy_Lover Member
      October 9, 2010 at 1:28 pm #11029
      "Kirash":3lw1xrr6 wrote:
      … "watch <victim>" already functions in this manner…[/quote:3lw1xrr6]
      This must be activated manually, whereas the ‘motion detecting goggles’ would be passive.

"Kirash":3lw1xrr6 wrote:
      …There would be little point to having sneak if everyone was using these kinds of goggles…
      [/quote:3lw1xrr6]
      That’s my point in creating a second type of goggle. It forces you to either pick between the two, or team up with someone else who is wearing the other type.
    • Anastasius Member
      October 9, 2010 at 2:36 pm #11032

Kirash is right. it would destroy sneak. Just keep up with detection beacons and watch.

• Kirash Participant
      October 12, 2010 at 3:31 am #10800

Hide has very very very little efficient use without sneak. Destroy sneak, and you pretty much destroy hide. You wouldn’t need infrared goggles then. Everyone would just be using motion detection goggles. As I said before, the current balancing between detecting people and being undetected is fine as it is.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.