Legends of the Jedi Forums Newbie Watering Hole General Newbie FAQ
This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years, 8 months ago by Walldo.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • Walldo Keymaster
      August 3, 2008 at 6:27 am #748

Circa 2006

Basic MUD Commands
      N
      Go north
      E
      Go east
      S
      Go south
      W
      Go south
      U
      Go up
      D
      Go down
      Se
      Go southeast
      Sw
      Go southwest
      Ne
      Go northeast
      Nw
      Go northwest
      Look
      Look at the room your in
      Equipment
      See what you’re wearing
      Inventory
      See what you’re carrying
      Open <direction>
      Opens a door
      Look <target>
      Look at a person
      Get <item>
      Pick up an item on the ground
      Drop <item>
      Drop an item in your inventory
      Wear <item>
      Wear an item that’s in your inventory
      Remove <item>
      Remove an item you are wearing
      Help <topic>
      Read the help file for a given topic

The Difference Between In-Character (IC) and Out Of Character (OOC)
      IC refers to ‘in-character’, or what happens in the game. This includes situations your character gets into, how to level, locations of people, character levels, and your future plans. OOC or ‘out of character’ involves information such as code changes, suggestions, what you ate for dinner last night, and your car.

Keeping IC and OOC separate is very important on LotJ. Sharing IC information on OOC is a punishable offense, although newbies who are not aware of the rules are rarely punished.

Related Help Files: ‘help ic’ ‘help channels’

How Do I Fly?
      See the ‘piloting’ FAQ also located on the website

Related Help File: help pilotfaq

How do I get rid of the (NEWBIE) tag?
      A very common question. When speaking over the (OOC) channel, many new players appear with a (NEWBIE) tag in front of their name. This can be removed by reaching level 100.

What is an account?
      Accounts are an excellent method of managing different characters. To learn how to create an account, read the appropriate help file. Accounts also allow players to earn points. Points can then be used during character creation to purchase levels for your new characters.

Related help files: ‘help account’ ‘help points’

How do I talk on the commnet/why can’t I talk on the commnet?
      To talk on the public commnet, use the command “talk”. This command cannot be used until you reach level 2. This was to prevent obnoxious people from coming to the mud and spamming the commnet with OOC advertisements and other useless information.

How do I talk to my clan?
      To talk on your organization network, simply use the command string “clan <message>”.

Related Help Files: ‘help clantalk’

How do I get a ship?
      To own your own ship, you will have to get in touch with one of the engineering organizations. Many organizations have dedicated commnet channels. Try asking over ‘talk’ for more information.

What is ooc for?
      OOC is a channel designed for discussing things OTHER than events occurring in the LotJ.

Related Help File: ‘help ooc’

How do I change my comlink channel?
      LotJ supports the ability to listen to different commnet frequencies. To change your current frequency, use the ‘tune’ command

Related Help File: ‘help tune’

How do I join a clan?
      New players have the option of joining a clan in the Newbie Academy. They also have the option of skipping this and joining a clan later. To join a clan, a ranking member must induct you. Simply ask over the commnet for a representative of the clan/organization you’d like to join.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.