This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 1 month ago by Kirash.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Kebron Participant
      March 17, 2014 at 4:05 pm #23859

Not sure how this would be implimented so I’m just brainstorming here but I think it would be cool if you could perform some forensic tasks possibly a branch of the medical or science field?
      For instance, if you found a corpse you already know who’s body it is but you could ‘analyze corpse’ to discover what killed them: Blaster pistol, Stab wounds, mauled by doashim, blown up, poisoning. Varrying levels of analyze would provide more accurate information.
      Once you knew what killed the corpse you could then start looking for the killer, perhaps an ability that allowed you to match the victim to the weapon?
      For example: Bounty hunter Bob kills Sorosuubs CEO. The corpse is discovered by one of the employees in a taxi a forensics guy is brought in who determines that the CEO was killed by pistols, most likely 2. And that he suffered from explosive trauma as well. He was also hyped up on spice when he died.
      This paints a more clear picture for future RP proceedings if anyone chooses to follow the clues to the perpetrator and provides concrete evidence for prosecution.
      Now you know it was blasters, you hear a rumor that Sorosuub was cutting into the Hutt’s profits by expanding into a new armor line that the Hutt clan had a monopoly on so you manage somehow to track down a source who tips you off to bounty hunter bob. You can now apprehend bob for questioning and in the process scan his weapons to see if they match the damage to the corpse.
      Like in real life you would need a corpse, a weapon, and a motive to really get anywhere and it would mainly be an RP prop but it’d be a neat thing to see.
      It also opens the door for corpse disposal techniques commands, perhaps a ‘bury’ command like conceal except one that doesn’t leave the big (hidden) flag on it for people with sharp eyes, you’d actually have to know where to look to dig or someone would have to stumble on it.
      Which would also make it possible to hide bodies and for people to be caught red handed transporting the bodies in the first place.

• Capnknives Participant
      March 17, 2014 at 4:28 pm #23860

Capnknives approves of this post.

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      March 17, 2014 at 5:05 pm #23861

This was suggested sometime last era. The Imms never put their 43.5 cents in(there’s inflation for you). I think the overall discussion was, with a perfect forensics science, and a skill in the medical field, you could perhaps see the race of the person that killed the person (DNA and all that crap). I think it’s a good idea, but with .3 coders around, it will probably fall on deaf ears.

• Andvari Participant
      March 18, 2014 at 2:28 pm #23865

16 seconds after I perm someone the entire pbase magically knows. People use this info icly all the time despite it being against the rules. No point in adding a forensics skill when AIMforensics is already so effective and widely used. Maybe if some of the more shitheaded cliques became decent people overnight this change could be reanalyzed.

• Kirash Participant
      March 18, 2014 at 4:45 pm #23866

^
      |
      |
      |
      |
      THIS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.