Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Forcepike vs Vibroblades
This topic has 6 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 11 months ago by Hashi.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Corey Participant
      June 3, 2013 at 2:12 am #21988

Simple discussion here. Why does duel vibroblades not even come close to a single forcepike as far as damage in combat? They’re both within the same skill level, but one is a unique skill to a specific class, yet is pretty much worthless while the other is open to both classes and dominates. I’m not saying one should be better than the other, but I am saying that they need to be closer…or the “mastery” level of them needs to be higher skill levels. I have a hard time viewing a tier 4 combat or BHer being a “master” at their selected weapon class. It seems that forcepikes were fairly useless for a while, then got beefed up, but it went too far and far exceeds vibroblades.

• Cronlan Participant
      June 3, 2013 at 1:01 pm #21989

I don’t see an issue here. Forcepikes have been nerfed pretty hard and vibroblades can be dual wielded and only do a little less, if not the same.

• Zeromus Participant
      June 3, 2013 at 2:09 pm #21990

Forcepikes have a higher avdam, which is the reason for the damage discrepancy.

• Gyndi Participant
      June 3, 2013 at 8:31 pm #21991

Cronlan, if you fight someone with vibroblades that is using a forcepike, you’ll see the difference. There really isn’t even a reason to use vibroblades, unless you wanna throw them.

• Ralen Keymaster
      June 4, 2013 at 4:51 am #21992

This is an issue we’re very aware of, and a fix is in the works.

• Baxtalo Participant
      June 4, 2013 at 4:51 pm #21995

3 cheers for Ralen & co.

• Hashi Participant
      June 4, 2013 at 10:58 pm #21996

Might want to hold off on the cheers until you find out whether the fix is just to nerf forcepikes further.  Personally, I vote to nerf all weapons so unarmed combat becomes viable and I can make my Kushiban Shaolin monk.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.