This topic has 25 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 5 months ago by Locksharp.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
    • Onasaki Participant
      November 21, 2009 at 4:56 am #1304

Now, before I go into a post about it. I’m unsure whether they have been adjusted or not, yet, so this is going off assumption that you can still dual wield them.

So, with that said, I think force pikes should be two-handed. Mainly, because they -ARE- two handed. In every game, movie, and book I’ve read/played/seen. They’re two handed, and used like staves/spears.

• Avanga Member
      November 21, 2009 at 5:11 am #12510

They would be even more useless as a two-handed weapon.

• Onasaki Participant
      November 21, 2009 at 5:16 am #12512

Then perhaps we should consider making them a useful weapon? I do get kinda sick of seeing people with blasters and vibro-blades all the time. It’s silly. But they should be two-handed weapons either way.

• Avanga Member
      November 21, 2009 at 5:29 am #12514

It’d be hard to make it a viable two-handed weapon. Lightsabers work ’cause, well… they’re lightsabers. You parry shots, you destroy blades, and you do lots of damage. But a forcepike can’t do two of those three things, and even if it were hitting for 927 dmg each hit, it wouldn’t compare to the output a repeater could do.

Plus, I think you really gimp yourself for blade parry chances if you’re only wielding one weapon instead of two.

• Onasaki Participant
      November 21, 2009 at 6:13 am #12517

Technically, Repeaters are two-handed weapons as well. But you see so many people wielding one and holding a lockpick set. It kind of kills the whole point. but there are ways to make this stuff work. I’ve seen staves being used as fighting staves on other MUDs, a spear is essentially a staff with a blade at the top.

• Kirash Participant
      November 21, 2009 at 3:54 pm #12525

Nothing to say on this one. I’ve never used forcepikes. Would be good to update them though if only for RP purposes. For instance, I believe the Imperial Guard used forcepikes on a regular basis.

• Avanga Member
      November 21, 2009 at 5:18 pm #12529

The difference between repeaters and forcepikes is that one gets seven attacks, the other will get two. Also, you need to be approached to use a pike. And again, I think it gimps your parry attempts. Even if it were doing max dmg as a two hand weapon, it’d be downnright unappealing.

• Muddledde Member
      November 21, 2009 at 11:02 pm #12533

Onasaki, I believe you missed the very large/long Combat forum that turned into a flame war and Walldo closed.

You are correct, they are spear/staves and should be played as such. The Imperial Guard did use them, and they were EXTREMELY powerful in the hands of those who knew how to wield them. Forcepike changes were dicussed in the Combat forum but was shot to hell. It would be nice if they changed Force Pikes. 2-handed, increased AC, improved parry/dodge rate, improved disarm rate. And then either higher HR or higher DR. Again, as I said, those suggestions were pretty much shot to hell.

Forcepike currently are shit. As an Engineer and trying to make a better Forcepike has been impossible.

• Onasaki Participant
      November 21, 2009 at 11:54 pm #12536

Probably for the better, honestly. And yeah, I know, I have a book that explains it. And I know I’ve gotten into long discussions about how weapons need to be balanced. I’m one of the people who suggested we have blaster classes, but I wasn’t prepared for what we got. Three classes, and only 1 is ever really used now. Because of the imbalance. And before that, we had people running around dual-wielding "rifles".

Alot of people want balanced combat, alot of people want balanced weapons. And alot of people want twinked out stuff enough to take out a fully trained jedi knight with a lightsaber made out of the best stuff in the game.

But to balance combat would take an entire overhaul, and would take months, maybe years to get it to work properly. And then another few weeks to rewrite all the combat files and make them work correctly in the coding process with the main port. It would cause ALOT of down-time for us, and people don’t want that.

I’ve wanted alot of things to be adjusted for more balance and flexibility, like Space combat and slicing. But yeah, it’s probably better just to let this thread here to fall into silence. I don’t want to start a flame war.

It also seems that if we really want something ingame, the best way to do it is develop it. XD

• Walldo Keymaster
      November 22, 2009 at 1:53 am #12541

From what I remember makeforcepike sucks but imms can set them in such a way that they’d be effective. Ill look at makeforcepike sometime soon and work from there

• Kirash Participant
      November 22, 2009 at 4:49 am #12543

I just fell in love with Walldo.

• Kirash Participant
      November 23, 2009 at 4:45 am #12566

A lot of those wiki entries are ancient history unfortunately.

• Onasaki Participant
      November 24, 2009 at 1:58 am #12593

I lack one, nor care to have one, really. But yay Walldo!

• mutters Participant
      November 25, 2009 at 7:30 pm #12633

Force Pikes should give you force.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.