Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Force Change? (very rough draft)
This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 5 months ago by Kirash.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • DCLXVI Member
      November 29, 2010 at 4:44 am #1609

I don’t remember seeing anything like this on the forums, though at the same time I’m also not going to go through pages of old ideas to see if it’s there. If someone has made a similar suggestion and they still sign on here, they’ll correct it. Plus there is always Drel that likes to rip shit apart from his high and mighty internet chair so I’ll let him do the dirty work.

Anyways, on the suggestion. I was thinking, why do you have to be ‘awakened’ to use the force? It doesn’t really make sense to me from both a game and a ‘realistic’ standpoint. In the movies and what not, latent force talent manifests itself in various ways. For instance, you have Anakin Skywalker as a child piloting a pod racer that Humans normally can’t, even as a child. This attributed to his connection with the force. Could even make the argument his knowledge in engineering was part of his force talent as well.

What I’m suggesting is, maybe not ‘awakening’ people. We already know that even if you have the force, you more than likely won’t get trained unless you roll high enough (which could be argued as bullshit or keeping the forcer numbers balanced). So instead of having to ‘awaken’ someone, why not just start making force work for the user, even if they don’t get trained.

Depending on your main class, perhaps those who rolled force could occasionally get extra benefits. Combat mains might get a critical here or there. Maybe they get lucky and dodge more often for a couple of rounds or receive less damage. Engineers could have critical success’ with armor and weapons, giving them the chance to make ‘premier’ items that are just that much better than their general stock. Basically, pending on the main of the character, they would receive bonus’ in that field if they rolled force. So even if they roll a poultry 15 force and will never get a chance to get trained, they’ll at least receive some kind of benefit that logicly should occur do to their connection with the force.

Dissect and analyze it up as you see fit. I did my part.

• Corey Participant
      November 29, 2010 at 6:19 am #16249

This has been brought up multiple times now. The reason for the "awakening" opening up your Force usage is a pure game mechanics thing. If you made it so that people got extra benefits from being sensitive, they’d be able to tell they’re sensitive…and then start whining that nobody is training them. It already happens enough as is for those that have been oocly told they’re sensitive or have purchased force.

• DCLXVI Member
      November 29, 2010 at 8:12 am #16250

True they complain, but at least people would get SOME kind of benefit from rolling or buying force.

Will this stop the complaining? Of course not. But it will ease the burden for some people. Knowing that you rolled it or bought it and won’t be awakend because ‘your level isn’t high enough and it would be a waste’ is a piss poor reason not to awaken someone. EVen if they say ‘we have too many forcers’ is a bullshit reason.

Again, this won’t stop the complaints, but at least you’ll get [i:15s44smp]something[/i:15s44smp].

• Troll Participant
      November 29, 2010 at 11:38 am #16251

This TL, people with 40 levels have been awoken. People with 50 have been awoken. People with 60 have been awoken. I could continue the list just to make your argument of "not enough levels to awaken them" invalid, because the evidence speaks against it. Granted, if you act like a toddler and don’t make an effort to RP and have the racial 10 levels of a Kel Dor – no wonder you don’t get it. Besides, this would ALLOW those +1 FRC races to gain an advantage other than the already existing chance that they rolled force and it’s higher than it would normally be.

A huge NEIN to this idea.

• Kirash Participant
      November 29, 2010 at 3:50 pm #16252

No.

I have my reasons.

However, I do think the benefits you get from your subclass need to be reworked. Some of the levels you get either don’t make sense for the subclass (Sentinel) or are a total waste (Consular). Maybe axe or reduce the level gains from subclasses and add in some passive benefits to the subclass.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.