This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 5 months ago by Logan.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    • Argile Member
      November 16, 2013 at 6:28 pm #22983

I was thinking that a cooking skill would be a great edition to the game. This skill would not only give so,etching for people to grind on, it would also increase Rp opportunities a lot. (I was thinking that make it take about as long to master as say sone science at the longest.)

• Corey Participant
      November 17, 2013 at 12:59 am #22984

We need this solely so people can get shot after commenting on some Hapan female needing to get back to the kitchen and cook something.

• WynterRose Member
      November 17, 2013 at 2:40 pm #22991

Glad to see I’m not the only one who has had this thought and would love to see it IG! There’s already an edibles science, why couldn’t this apply to the success of creation or go so far as giving a minuscule/temp boost in HP or Movement if that skill is mastered? Either way, would be fun to see a “grocery” shop somewhere. You buy a “bag of ingredients” there could be a few with name varieties but they all apply the same as your base material. Ovens are already IG, maybe just another tool like “cooking utensils” and WHAM, much like engineering goes, you can create something but edible. Haha I just think it’d be great to see restaurants that pop up that are a cover for discreet espy/smuggler groups 😛

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      November 17, 2013 at 3:40 pm #22992

I think the only way people would truly, truly agree to this would be if the food gave some sort of effect. This isn’t much different from the thread we had a while back about being able to create new spices. The narcotic science is already in game, and has no use(that I’m aware of). I think, given the use of spice already in game, with the effects and all that, that spice would be more readily accepted.

• Seryb Participant
      November 19, 2013 at 2:20 pm #23003

I like the idea of food being implemented. It would have to give a benefit for it to become useful but why not something that could restore movement when eaten outside of combat. We have medpacs heal us outside of combat, spice can add benefits within, I think ‘energy bars’ or something player crafted would be a nice idea to chow on. If that was the case, maybe a full mechanic so you couldn’t restore all your movement that way.

That being said if I had to choose between spice getting revamped and food being added I would go for spice.

• Darrick Participant
      November 19, 2013 at 5:48 pm #23006

Food was in the game way back in the day. And there was a requirement for eating and drinking. It was taken out because it was too annoying. You’d be sitting there, RPing, and suddenly you need to eat! “Oh, sorry Emperor Palpatine. We need to stop this conversation for a second so I can eat this nerf steak because I’m hungry.”

I’d be in support if food was added to the game, but not mandatory. And maybe eating offers a buff of some kind. I believe there was an old forum thread on just this subject.

• WynterRose Member
      November 19, 2013 at 5:49 pm #23007

Well, does it have to be a ‘useful’ item for it to be implemented? I mean as a perk it’d be nice for it to have something to it but I think the main objective is not so much for min-maxing stats but more for RP. There are the few who play the game more for than just combat. The initial purpose of introducing food at least would be to create various RP opportunities that aren’t limited to 3 types of pizza, stock candy and the small number of odd and ends you can find scattered around, but gives players the opportunity to express more of their creativity and build themselves. My vote goes to storytelling.

• Darrick Participant
      November 20, 2013 at 1:01 am #23014

I know from personal experience that there is plenty of food and drink available in the galaxy. If someone wants to RP, they can get it. They can also use what they get in RP. Once again, been there, done that.

I’m not for adding code to the game that doesn’t add anything truly useful. Reason being is that instead of coding something that serves no purpose other than RP, other things that serve a purpose can be coded in. Just my two cents.

• Merrycheeza Participant
      November 20, 2013 at 2:51 pm #23015

While food objects would be a lovely and novel thing to be able to create, there is already a large number of things that are available to us that go largely unused in favor of ease. I’m not against the idea, by any means, I just think that we need to use what’s already out there before asking for more.

• Quicksilver Participant
      November 22, 2013 at 10:36 pm #23054

Makecontainer any food idea you have. Look I resolved the whole debate.

• Argile Member
      November 22, 2013 at 11:15 pm #23055

Not quite the same.

• Logan Participant
      November 23, 2013 at 12:07 am #23056

Argile, its exactly the same except its a never ending piece of food. Just emote when you eat a portion of it, yay rp!

Also Frump, a long time ago in an era far far away there use to be raw spice on ryloth you harvested, you use to be able to make your own glitterstim, carsanum and so forth from raw product.

Over all i’m in agreeance with a few peoples post, player made food seems a bit of a time waste when you can achieve everything with both product and commands already available ingame. We don’t need any more buffs or consumabables imo, it always just leads to twink gaming.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.