Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Flurry – The Skill
This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 11 months ago by Faern.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    • Cronlan Participant
      May 2, 2013 at 3:14 am #21803

Flurry is long dreaded by those who roll combatants and want to adept the skill so it’s not totally useless.

Point 1 of this post: Flurry is pretty useless unless really high %.

Point 2: Better skills like Ambush, circle, etc are super easy to adept for hunters and are deadlier in my opinion.

Point 3: Why does Flurry take so long to adept when looking at points 1 and 2?!?!

Point 4: I wanted to be called names and flamed against so I wrote a short post about a skill.

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      May 2, 2013 at 9:11 am #21805

I, for one, will not be calling you names, Cronlan.  I 100% agree with this.

• Bebop Participant
      May 4, 2013 at 6:32 pm #21819

I also agree with this. Flurry is a combat-mains top skill yet it literally takes -forever- to adept it. Hunter skills on the other hand are very easy to adept and are far better in a fight. Infact, hunters themselves are better in fights than combatants and with the IMMS going around nerfing everything in existance it’s kinda hard for a combat main really to get a good footing in this TL.

• Baxtalo Participant
      May 4, 2013 at 6:46 pm #21820

If flurry’s adept time is nerfed, then so should slice/secure’s. It, too, is a 150 skill that takes forever to adept. As does develop. Or clone. And we may as well let people bind themselves so that way escape_binding is made easier to adept, too.

I’m sorry, what were we complaining about again?

To reiterate, I am not saying that the amount of time it takes could probably be lowered some, but to prioritize combatants versus the other mains only will serve to promote killing each other instead of fleshing out the environment the timeline takes place in. And in spite of the amount of time it takes, so far people are doing a good enough job of killing each other as it is, likely without even having flurry mastered!

If ambush/circle do too much damage, why not make them harder to master, or a higher level skill?

• Zeromus Participant
      May 4, 2013 at 9:49 pm #21821

I agree with Baxtalo. Don’t adjust slice/secure and flurry down, adjust circle and ambush up.

• Cronlan Participant
      May 4, 2013 at 9:52 pm #21822

@Bax. I agree. We need more things coded in so we can RP how good the weather is today or how sad we are about our female lives, maybe have coded children. Let’s just eliminate skills altogether and make this a true MUSH.

People can be permed without flurry at 100%? wut?

I can make a sarcastic, passive-aggressive post too.

The point is, combatants are meant to be the quick-passing chars that move the story while the happy diplomats do their thing. Yes, plenty will die and people will kill each other. If anyone is upset that they started fights then got killed, that’s their own fault.

Flurry is a skill that takes too long, cannot be botted (Legally) and doesn’t turn anyone who has it into a killing machine. A newb with 100% flurry will lose to most any vet with 0% or another newb with hunting skills.

• Kirash Participant
      May 5, 2013 at 12:56 am #21824

I agree with Baxtalo and Zeromus as well. Circle and Ambush really should have their adept times bumped up as well.

• Altrez Participant
      May 5, 2013 at 10:38 am #21825

I’m not down with any skill on LOTJ sucking up real life time in the double digit of hours. We should be able to get the training over with and actually play asap.

That being said, Bounty hunters already have to worry about sprint and lunge for training. Both of those take quite a bit, as they eat mv points like flurry does.

• Ralen Keymaster
      May 5, 2013 at 10:56 am #21826

We are not adjusting the time taken for flurry.

• Zakattack Participant
      May 6, 2013 at 9:46 am #21842

Zeromus: Don’t adjust slice/secure and flurry down, adjust circle and ambush up.

For once I agree with you. I’ve only played one combatant, but he had a good amount of hunting levels so I had circle and I think ambush. So I didn’t really bother with flurry and I did pretty well for a first-time combatant. and I adepted both really quickly.

Altrez: I’m not down with any skill on LOTJ sucking up real life time in the double digit of hours. We should be able to get the training over with and actually play asap.

Me either but I don’t like when everyone is at the same level and people can just roll combatants and have them fully trained in a day.

• Ocerion Participant
      May 6, 2013 at 1:37 pm #21852

This is all pretty silly really. BHers are at quite a disadvantage already against a proper combatant, thanks to supermassive nerfs to a BHers main weapon that Lydor brought on brainlessly years ago. Quit freaken nerfing BHing skills for crying out loud. Go nerf something else. Nerf peoples ability to use OOC or something.

• Faern Participant
      May 6, 2013 at 1:55 pm #21855

Flurry is dumb anyway. Explosions are the only proper way to PK.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.