Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Fix espionage and smuggling!
This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 15 years, 9 months ago by Avanga.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Final_Fantasy_Lover Member
      July 17, 2008 at 12:14 pm #724

Hello,

I don’t know that anyone knows exactly how broken espionage is, so I’m going to post it here.

non-incrimenting (through use) skills:
      Monitor_camera
      install_camera

this is highly annoying to adept freaks like me. I just can’t stand having skills I’ve got at less than 100%

Espionage feats that don’t work:
      100) perception
      145) dodge cameras

I know several people who picked the perception feat (i’m not one of them) and they don’t see cameras when looking at a room where they know one is via the monitor_camera skill. Dodge cameras doesn’t work because my espi main picked it, and was still seen on camera by another monitor-er 10 out of 10 times.
      It’s highly annoying to me, and probably many others, that this higly valuable (in rp terms) class is broken and no one’s doing anything about it.

Smuggling:
      Here’s what happens when you escape_binding on a pair of cuffs with a code on it:

You wriggle your way out of your bindings.
      Thats not the right code to unlock <charname>’s Binding-Bolt Heavy Duty Binders.

Does this sound like a bug or what? The whole fucking point of that skill is to get out of cuffs when you don’t have the key or code, but I’m told that certain imms seem to think that this is the way that the skill is supposed to work and refuses to do anything about it. Hats off to you, ’cause I know the person I’m talking about knows who they are.
      Anyway, that’s my only complaint about smuggling.

I’ve said it before, and I’m saying it again: fix what’s broken before you make new stuff. It’ll make the game run a whole lot smoother, and probably not cause your new stuff to crash when you finally decide to fix the old things. (I know from experience that if you put something new in, and then so much as move a semicolon in the preexisting code that it can royally FUCK your program over.)

• KSpin Member
      July 17, 2008 at 12:17 pm #7412

/signed

I agree with everything there.

• Corey Participant
      July 17, 2008 at 5:59 pm #7420
      "Final_Fantasy_Lover":2naox6mh wrote:
      Espionage feats that don’t work:
      100) perception
      145) dodge cameras
      [/quote:2naox6mh]

You could make a whole thread just based on the feats that don’t work

• Walldo Keymaster
      July 17, 2008 at 9:13 pm #7422

Then why don’t you, because until now there was only one feat that I knew of that didn’t work, and it was not one that was just listed.

In fact, make it a Feats Megathread where we can share ideas for new ones too

• Avanga Member
      July 18, 2008 at 2:34 am #7427

/ S I G N E D

I don’t understand why Combatants, Hunters, and Forcers get all the attention. : ( Escape_Binding is useless. Hijack is rendered pretty useless as well. Detrap makes no sense. As for Espionage and Slicer, they both need some serious lovin’.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.