Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Feats MegaThread
This topic has 48 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 15 years, 3 months ago by Bai.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
    • Corey Participant
      July 18, 2008 at 2:06 am #725

As was suggested, so here it is. Post up your ideas for new Feats and post up the issues with the current ones (IE: Do they actually work…are they worthless currently?).

I’ll start with posting the feats I’ve gone through and if they work properly or whatever.

[b:15zjb3uw]Feats That I Know Work[/b:15zjb3uw]
      1) Ship Building – Works great, this is one of my favorite feats
      2) Navigation – Yay I raised my MPG by 10%, now how do I do it IRL?
      3) Armor Crafting – Works like a charm every time.

[b:15zjb3uw]Feats That Don’t Work or Didn’t the Last I Heard[/b:15zjb3uw]
      1) Quick Healer – My healing rate never changed once…period..end of story. In fact, it seems to have gotten slower after selecting this.
      2) Communicator – This one could have been fixed by now, not sure since I don’t have a character with it atm
      3) Politician – I noticed no significant difference while using this last era. You still need a capital ship to make it lower faster than it auto raises.
      4) Perception – <!– l –><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.legendsofthejedi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&amp;p=6937#p6926">viewtopic.php?f=5&amp;p=6937#p6926</a>&lt;!– l –>
      5) Dodge Camera – <!– l –><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.legendsofthejedi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&amp;p=6937#p6926">viewtopic.php?f=5&amp;p=6937#p6926</a>&lt;!– l –>

[b:15zjb3uw]Feats that Aren’t Supported[/b:15zjb3uw]
      1) Pirate Hunting – Where are the pirates? Did they finally get put in again and I’m totally missing them?
      2) Structure Building – Can we even really build structures yet?
      3) Harvester – See above about structures…or I guess people could use a feat to be able to make superconductors or just buy them for 100 credits or less

[b:15zjb3uw]Ideas for New Feats[/b:15zjb3uw]
      1) Slicer – Come on give us at least 1 slicer feat…hell…make locateship faster as a feat…Make Jam faster so its more likely to be used in space combat..

• KSpin Member
      July 18, 2008 at 7:43 am #7431

Have a level 150 espionage skill OR feat that will allow you to ‘counterlock’ an opponent, if they’ve grabbed you. This will turn the grab on them, but if you fail, it should use a lot of MV points. I’m thinking that James Bond/Jason Bourne/Solid Snake have no trouble getting out of other people’s clutches, and turning the armlock around.

• Final_Fantasy_Lover Member
      July 18, 2008 at 12:27 pm #7432

blank_lookup

slicer feat: allows the user to lookup players with the incorrect greet/dub.
      Or even no greet/dub

• Walldo Keymaster
      July 18, 2008 at 7:27 pm #7434

There’s a difference between a feat that doesn’t work (quick healer), a feat you don’t know about (Communicator), a broken feat (Perception), and a feat that makes use of a system not supported (Structure building). Could we get some clarification in the original post for prosperity’s sake?

• Corey Participant
      July 18, 2008 at 7:57 pm #7435
      &quot;Walldo&quot;:wm2b5ovq wrote:
      There’s a difference between a feat that doesn’t work (quick healer), a feat you don’t know about (Communicator), a broken feat (Perception), and a feat that makes use of a system not supported (Structure building). Could we get some clarification in the original post for prosperity’s sake?[/quote:wm2b5ovq]

I thought I was fairly clear in each thing I listed. In the head of the list, I posted that they were either feats that didn’t work or had some sort of issue…then listed what those things were next to each one. You want them specifically separated into subgroups or something?

• Csilla Member
      July 23, 2008 at 8:10 pm #7465

Comunicator works fine

New idea:

Feat requires 130 Slicer AND Piloting, gives you the skill to copy navcharts from nav computers.

• Ralen Keymaster
      July 30, 2008 at 12:02 pm #7525
      &quot;Final_Fantasy_Lover&quot;:1sd18o8y wrote:
      blank_lookup

slicer feat: allows the user to lookup players with the incorrect greet/dub.
      Or even no greet/dub[/quote:1sd18o8y]

lookup used to work without knowing the subject’s correct name — to be fair, i always thought that was the entire point of the skill. It’s useless since it’s been changed, if the change was even deliberate and not a bug.

&quot;xpuma20x&quot;:1sd18o8y wrote:
      [b:1sd18o8y]Feats That Don’t Work or Didn’t the Last I Heard[/b:1sd18o8y]
      3) Politician – I noticed no significant difference while using this last era. You still need a capital ship to make it lower faster than it auto raises.
      [/quote:1sd18o8y]

This does work for ‘propaganda’. Not sure about bribe, since it does jack shit to bring support down, and still raises it at the same rate if you’re prepared to shell out funding.

&quot;KSpin&quot;:1sd18o8y wrote:
      Have a level 150 espionage skill OR feat that will allow you to ‘counterlock’ an opponent, if they’ve grabbed you. This will turn the grab on them, but if you fail, it should use a lot of MV points. I’m thinking that James Bond/Jason Bourne/Solid Snake have no trouble getting out of other people’s clutches, and turning the armlock around.[/quote:1sd18o8y]

Hell yes. but only on the condition we call the skill jack_bauer.

July 30, 2008 at 1:22 pm #7527
      &quot;Ralen&quot;:3709oqcs wrote:
      lookup used to work without knowing the subject’s correct name — to be fair, i always thought that was the entire point of the skill. It’s useless since it’s been changed, if the change was even deliberate and not a bug.[/quote:3709oqcs]

I’ve been saying this ever since it was changed, and nothing’s ever been done about it. They said it was being &quot;abused&quot; since players like me were sneaking around, looking everyone up and using disguise and the info swiped from their databank file to impersonate them. If that could be done in conjunction with the new disguise system… you really could impersonate anyone you want, defeatable only by the almighty &quot;clan&quot; channel.
      Yet, I fail to see how using a skill exactly how it was designed to be used is abuse…

• Walldo Keymaster
      July 30, 2008 at 5:17 pm #7529

Who is the &quot;they&quot; that told you that, since i’ve never heard anything like that.

• Flek Participant
      July 30, 2008 at 5:36 pm #7530

&quot;They&quot; is a general term. Player A assumes someting was chaged for a specific reason. Player A then tells B. B spreads it to C D E F and G. Not knowing or not telling that PLayer A made a guess so its assumned IMMortal backed Policy. Group of players then spread new policy and players bitch imms find out weeks or even months later just how corrupt they are. Thats who THEY are.

• Walldo Keymaster
      July 30, 2008 at 8:06 pm #7532

The beauty of relying on AIM instead of IMM

• Fishy Participant
      July 31, 2008 at 12:10 am #7535

Communicator works, but you have to learn the extra languages from a language teacher, NOT from research. Otherwise it says you already learned all the languages you ever can learn when you try to research them, but score still shows that you can learn more. But then, the research vs language teacher problems have been around for a while.

August 3, 2008 at 12:43 am #7561
      &quot;Walldo&quot;:h5idpzgk wrote:
      Who is the &quot;they&quot; that told you that, since i’ve never heard anything like that.[/quote:h5idpzgk]

I don’t remember, it was like… at least a year ago, probably two or more. However, constantly not answering people who ask about tends to give more power to the rumormill. Eventually after I was ignored long enough, I stopped caring.
      Oh wait, I remember.
      I was having a convo with Asmo when I was RPC, and he actually said it would make a good feat. But in no way am I implying that he said it was this way deliberately since… I frankly only remember that fragment of the conversation.

• Avanga Member
      August 5, 2008 at 1:49 am #7582

I remember when lookup was whois, and it worked on anyone anywhere and they didn’t have to be infront of you. And WHO showed who was on, and we all had flashing ANSI titles that were horrendously OOC.

What were we talking about? Oh, right. Feats.

• Fishy Participant
      August 5, 2008 at 6:11 pm #7588

At first I hated having no who list, and now I’ve come to love it. But then, back then, I was a pretty low-quality engineer whose entire business was based on people going &quot;Crap, I forgot to get a layer 3 for my amor, let’s see.. check the who list, SWEET, there’s an ENGINEER on&quot;

&lt;/off topic&gt;

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.