This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 5 months ago by Sarac.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Sarac Participant
      November 14, 2012 at 5:12 am #20114

At first I thought this idea was amazing. Imm’s are busy and can’t always get time to create an event for chars… now I KNOW people app for events and people come up with idea’s that aren’t all that hard to implement. I was just wondering who the current event imm is? What are they even doing right now? It just seems to be forgotten about.

• Carnus Participant
      November 14, 2012 at 7:20 am #20115

Last I knew it was Altrez, I think I’ve missed any events he may have put on though so I can’t comment too much on it.

• Sarac Participant
      November 14, 2012 at 11:42 am #20117

There’s actually been one?

• Baxtalo Participant
      November 14, 2012 at 12:01 pm #20119

I know before I went off RPC  that Altrez was planning events and actively working on them.

As for where he is right now? Life happens. Who knows.

• Zeromus Participant
      November 14, 2012 at 2:38 pm #20124

I feel like instead of this whole “oh life happened I should keep my spot though” thing people should resign from a position if they can’t fulfill its duties, and apply again later if they want it. This applies to literally every position in the game. It is extremely rude to say you’re going to do something and then just assume everyone’s going to be cool with you when you come back after however long.

• Altrez Participant
      November 14, 2012 at 7:04 pm #20126

Pretty sure my term officially ended on the first of November, and I sent an email to Walldo detailing my experiences and my resignation sometime during the end of October.  As far as events, I’d planned more than I could count, but with no powers/knowledge of how to implement them it still falls on the other imms to make it happen. This puts us right back to what Sarac said, “Imm’s are busy and can’t always get time to create an event for chars”.

It literally took me about three days just to set up the one event I ran and all I needed for that was a ghost character. When the events become more complicated, it gets even harder to put them into action, and pitching ideas/relying on a staff that works at varying hours and already has their hands full just slows things to a halt.

• Sarac Participant
      November 15, 2012 at 3:36 am #20129

To me then that just makes the position obsolete unless the event imm has been entrusted with the power to actually run the event once it’s been approved by the imms. Any abuse in power could result in a temp ban but at the moment I think this idea failed horribly

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.