This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 15 years, 8 months ago by Ilyena.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Helix Participant
      August 21, 2008 at 6:47 pm #711

This is going to be short and simple.

Engineers should be able to evaluate their items and see the properties of their materials, not have to call on a jedi and wave a rock at them asking if this is a good material. First off, that’s stupid, secondly engineers are ENGINEERS, they KNOW what they’re making.

• Final_Fantasy_Lover Member
      August 21, 2008 at 10:55 pm #7638

I was thinking of something exactly like this.
      In fact, I think it was even the same command word.

Anyway, good idea. Except it would reveal only such things as… for example…
      if it’s a circuit, or similar item, quality level expressed as a % of the engineer’s ability to make said item. So, if an engineer evaluates a circuit made by a better engineer, she’d get something like quality 110%

If it was a weapon, it would tell the engineer the weapon’s EXACT avdam.
      Gah. I got distracted by Ninja warrior and lost my train of thought. Oh wells, you got the idea.

• Flek Participant
      August 21, 2008 at 11:14 pm #7639

[quote:3bb83l4l]Re: Engineering Materials
      by Flek on Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:44 am

What your asking is for a basic know essence type engi skill like forcers have. People have been clamoring for this for a while. I talked to a imm about it and he said basic problem is the skill that is in currently is buggy any forcer who has used know essence can tell you that funky ass code name it attaches to items so the skill has to be reworked code wise and its on the bottum of coder things to do im sure [/quote:3bb83l4l]

• Drel Member
      August 21, 2008 at 11:52 pm #7640
      "Flek":2m97dojz wrote:
      [quote:2m97dojz]Re: Engineering Materials

What your asking is for a basic know essence type engi skill like forcers have. People have been clamoring for this for a while. I talked to a imm about it and he said basic problem is the skill that is in currently is buggy any forcer who has used know essence can tell you that funky ass code name it attaches to items so the skill has to be reworked code wise and its on the bottum of coder things to do im sure [/quote:2m97dojz][/quote:2m97dojz]
      It’s been suggested more times by more people than Nield’s had characters named Urashima. Don’t try and claim it as your own unless you’re intentionally trying to make an ass of yourself.

• Flek Participant
      August 22, 2008 at 6:20 pm #7652
      "RenegadeJedi":1gblxe4x wrote:
      "Flek":1gblxe4x wrote:
      [quote:1gblxe4x]Re: Engineering Materials

What your asking is for a basic know essence type engi skill like forcers have. People have been clamoring for this for a while. I talked to a imm about it and he said basic problem is the skill that is in currently is buggy any forcer who has used know essence can tell you that funky ass code name it attaches to items so the skill has to be reworked code wise and its on the bottum of coder things to do im sure [/quote:1gblxe4x][/quote:1gblxe4x]
      It’s been suggested more times by more people than Nield’s had characters named Urashima. Don’t try and claim it as your own unless you’re intentionally trying to make an ass of yourself.[/quote:1gblxe4x]

Uhh dumbass did you actually read what I said. I said people have been asking for this for a while not me.
      [quote:1gblxe4x]People have been clamoring for this for a while.[/quote:1gblxe4x]

• Ilyena Participant
      August 24, 2008 at 7:25 am #7658

You all know, deep down in your hearts, that this should be a Science skill.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.