Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Engineering planet
This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 4 months ago by Zakattack.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Domovoi Participant
      December 31, 2012 at 8:35 pm #20661

Howdy! I had an idea for creating an engineering-centric world combined with a redesign of the very bland Kuat.

Take it from the small area that it is to something large, expansive, and worth visiting for more than just whatever engineering clan happens to be on it.

Suggested changes:

Use of the moon system to create a “moon” that is the Kuati orbital shipyards, allowing multiple Engineering clans to make their homes in the rings with modular area design.

Possible uses include Engineering bases, public workshops, vendor areas, and an engineering academy to teach newer players how to make the best equipment and offer high-tier engineering quests (possibly involving the use of gather)

Create a safe, public area with amenities for engineers to train, craft, sell, and reside. Could possibly include a public garage with public blueprints so talented engineers can construct their own ship instead of buying one.

An area on the planet itself filled with rooms such as forests and mines that allow the usage of ‘gather’, ‘combine’ and ‘structure building’

Could accompany a redesign of combine to place emphasis over player-made durasteel, duraplast, and ship-parts than store-bought

Possible implementation of aforemention modular system allowing an infinite number of engineering clans in an area proper for them.

Above all else, I volunteer to do this

• Zeromus Participant
      December 31, 2012 at 9:32 pm #20663

I have a lot of comments and questions but I’m going to ask just one right now: Why does the MUD need this?

• Domovoi Participant
      December 31, 2012 at 10:03 pm #20665

As of right now, the MUD really lacks any sort of engineering-centric planet. Having one would allow newer players to break in to what could possibly be one of the more difficult classes. It may not seem hard at first, but once you learn about the fact you need recipes and then your sciences that need studying, it quickly becomes convoluted.

A planet like this would allow a focused area. Plus, Kuat needs a rebuild.

• Altrez Participant
      January 1, 2013 at 12:00 am #20666

Ehhh, I’m not so sure engineering clans don’t do that already as far as training and esplaining.

But I would love to see a world like you described with underground resources, a commerce center or the like,  and just like cool STUFF. Or venues where people can do cool stuff.

• refter Participant
      January 2, 2013 at 2:38 am #20673

My concern would be the main components after recipes for being an engineer is botting.

Therefore it would just become an epicenter for people to bot.

• Walldo Keymaster
      January 2, 2013 at 3:02 am #20677

More like an epicenter for thieves.

• Quicksilver Participant
      January 4, 2013 at 11:46 am #20703

Engineering clans kinda suck if you’ve ever been in one. If you aren’t friends with the owners or higher ranks, they can really really suck. Granted, I haven’t been in one as an engineer in quite some time, I don’t think it’s changed all that much.

• Jaxx Participant
      January 5, 2013 at 5:10 pm #20719

Walldo: Thieve’s paradise that bad in RP? Encourages the governing agent that polices the engineering planet to be active, I think.

Are there kind of safety measures to guarantee that the botting doesn’t stop? In theory the engineering planet seems like a way to boost engineering clans.

• Zeromus Participant
      January 6, 2013 at 4:33 pm #20720

Engineering clans boost the planets they are on, so you want them on planets that don’t typically see activity or on one of the newbie worlds (Coruscant, Arkania, Corellia, Lorrd) so they are easily accessible to certain players. There’s no real reason to boost engineering clans, they don’t have trouble on their own. I have the opposite experience Quicksilver does with engineering clans — leading one, I’ve bent over backwards to involve just about everyone I can and the response has been pretty lukewarm.

• Kirash Participant
      January 6, 2013 at 9:18 pm #20725

Having been in engineering clans for most of my lotj career, I can honestly say that I haven’t really seen what you say about them not letting people get involved. Most eng clan leaders will let people get involved if they are actually showing effort. Some will even go so far as encourage involvement to everyone. I’ve seen way too many times where people will just sit around doing nothing and asking for nothing to do, then leave citing boredom and go to another clan. Either that or stay in long enough to bot the clan’s datachip library and then go to the clan they really wanted. Engineering leaders try for the most part, but it boils down to people taking advantage of their willingness to help.

• Zakattack Participant
      January 7, 2013 at 10:12 am #20730

So… domovoi you’re looking for a engineering… guild? planet? I’m not one for engineering, but sounds cool.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.