Legends of the Jedi Forums Newbie Watering Hole Engineering information?
This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 15 years, 8 months ago by Gidoran.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • DodyToka Member
      August 18, 2008 at 1:28 pm #759

Is there any kind of guide for engineering in general?

For instance what do I study to boost my science skills. Been studying this chemistry set for 4+ hours and my skill hasn’t moved a single percent. Some of my other skills adepted in the time I’ve spent studying this thing.

Also how do I test my handy work with nothing to compare it to? Just guess and make everyone mad cause my blaster might seem master crafted and they aren’t?

What science skills effect what engineering skills?

Whats the easiest/cheapest way to train the more expensive skills, such as enhancearmor, tuneship and upgradeship?

On a side note… how is one supposed to train their buildship without having a clan is it even possible?

I don’t know if this would be in character information or not. I couldn’t find a rules listing on the forums, so if this is against the rules I’m sorry and feel free to delete it, or even chime in and say it’s legal if it is.

• Kirash Participant
      August 18, 2008 at 3:04 pm #7610
      "DodyToka":cwjlid7j wrote:
      For instance what do I study to boost my science skills. Been studying this chemistry set for 4+ hours and my skill hasn’t moved a single percent. Some of my other skills adepted in the time I’ve spent studying this thing.[/quote:cwjlid7j]

Most people will be nice enough to tell you in character what you can study to boost sciences. Most of it is common sense. As for studying the chemistry set, without divulging what percentage your chemistry science is, the higher your percentage, the longer it will take to gain another percentage generally.

Also how do I test my handy work with nothing to compare it to? Just guess and make everyone mad cause my blaster might seem master crafted and they aren’t?[/quote:cwjlid7j]

Player-run shops are the easiest and perhaps best way to compare your work to something else. All you have to do is simply wear whatever weapon or armor you want to compare, walk up to a shop, and type list. The shop inventory will let you know if what is in the inventory is better or worse than what you are currently wearing. While not always accurate, it is generally so.

What science skills effect what engineering skills?[/quote:cwjlid7j]

Sadly, this is IC info. As with the science studying, a lot of it is common sense. However, as with the item studying, most players will be nice enough to divulge this IC’ly too.

Whats the easiest/cheapest way to train the more expensive skills, such as enhancearmor, tuneship and upgradeship?[/quote:cwjlid7j]

Datachips

On a side note… how is one supposed to train their buildship without having a clan is it even possible?[/quote:cwjlid7j]

It is possible, but difficult. There are non-clan garages in the game, but it is difficult to acquire parts…I can’t say more than that without going into IC info.

• DodyToka Member
      August 18, 2008 at 3:34 pm #7613

Thanks for the tip about the shopkeepers being able to tell me. I didn’t know that. I figured most of it would be in character, I’m just kind of frustrated cause my engineer sucks.

• Kirash Participant
      August 18, 2008 at 5:34 pm #7614

Engineering is easy to level, but hard to actually master. Becoming a really good engineer is probably one of the toughest tasks around.

• KoolAidMan Participant
      August 18, 2008 at 5:44 pm #7615
      "DodyToka":27qz7dlm wrote:
      Thanks for the tip about the shopkeepers being able to tell me. I didn’t know that. I figured most of it would be in character, I’m just kind of frustrated cause my engineer sucks.[/quote:27qz7dlm]
      one thing of note, I don’t generally trust the shopkeepers….my blaster was better but had less ammo at the time (as I had fired it)…and it said it was worse….so I actually bought and compared, and summarily tossed the new one in the compactor..just take the shopkeeper tip with a grain of salt
    • DodyToka Member
      August 19, 2008 at 7:17 am #7620

Yah I figured as much

• Flek Participant
      August 20, 2008 at 12:57 pm #7631
      "Pyke":3bd3htmr wrote:
      "DodyToka":3bd3htmr wrote:
      Thanks for the tip about the shopkeepers being able to tell me. I didn’t know that. I figured most of it would be in character, I’m just kind of frustrated cause my engineer sucks.[/quote:3bd3htmr]
      one thing of note, I don’t generally trust the shopkeepers….my blaster was better but had less ammo at the time (as I had fired it)…and it said it was worse….so I actually bought and compared, and summarily tossed the new one in the compactor..just take the shopkeeper tip with a grain of salt[/quote:3bd3htmr]
      The less ammo was the fault of the engineer. But the reason you where worse in comparison na dhis better was yours has less average damage what does this mean you ask well who ever uses his blaster will hit harder and mor often Just less ammo soo in a fight who wins?
    • Gidoran Participant
      August 29, 2008 at 2:46 pm #7697

Frankly, being a good engineer and being a good combatant go hand in hand. Learn how to be a combatant and you learn what they want from engineers. Learn what an engineer can make, and you learn what to ask for a combatant.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.