This topic has 14 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 5 months ago by Walldo.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    • Slyth Member
      November 19, 2010 at 8:02 am #1602

Well, I seam to have a problem of finding a shop in game, and so does half the pbase it would seam, considering as soon as a spot opens, someone jumps for it.

Would it be possible to code it so that if someone does not check their shop for 30 days, and a vendor is carrying no goods, the shop is closed down?

I have been running around a certain planet keeping dibs on shops, and it seams to me that the shops that I check that were empty, belong to players who either no longer play, or they no longer play that character and have forgotten they even own the store.

• Troll Participant
      November 19, 2010 at 8:22 am #16160

Bring it up with the local government and offer your kreditz for that spot or something.

• Slyth Member
      November 19, 2010 at 8:42 am #16161
      "Troll":3s4nwqt7 wrote:
      Bring it up with the local government and offer your kreditz for that spot or something.[/quote:3s4nwqt7]

not every planet has one, or has had one, for quite a while. I generally want a way to shut down inactive shops for planets without a government. Kinda bs that is a government doesn’t take a planet, shops never close, and you have no taxes.

• Kirash Participant
      November 19, 2010 at 10:37 am #16162

A lot of problems come into play when governing clans just stop giving a fuck too

• Slyth Member
      November 19, 2010 at 11:19 am #16165
      "Kirash":1vph3kgr wrote:
      A lot of problems come into play when governing clans just stop giving a fuck too[/quote:1vph3kgr]

I concur. It would be much nicer to have a system where people would lose a shop if they didn’t take care of it. It would give them a reason to restock it, because as of now, most people with vendors get online once every couple months, restock goods, then ditch out to their main again. The people who are playing the mains that own shops generally restock constantly.

• Kirash Participant
      November 19, 2010 at 12:30 pm #16166

I was pretty hardass about people keeping their shops stocked and closing down those that were unstocked for awhile…

Everyone bitched at me….

Figure that one out.

• Lexx416 Participant
      November 19, 2010 at 9:45 pm #16171
      "Kirash":20aj0k6c wrote:
      I was pretty hardass about people keeping their shops stocked and closing down those that were unstocked for awhile…

Everyone bitched at me….

Figure that one out.[/quote:20aj0k6c]

People like to bitch at authority figures. Makes sense to me to be stringent about that though. LoTJ real estate is at a premium.

• Corey Participant
      November 19, 2010 at 11:38 pm #16173
      "Troll":3nx7f1uy wrote:
      Bring it up with the local government and offer your kreditz for that spot or something.[/quote:3nx7f1uy]

This continues to be the "throw it out there" response to this problem….and it doesn’t work. It just doesn’t. People need to stop using it as an excuse when this problem continues to come up.

• chuckinator Member
      November 20, 2010 at 4:12 am #16177

Eh, I’d be fine with a rule that says a shop that remains unstocked or without customers for 30-60 days would be the same as the vendor running off and the person forfeiting the shop. Kinda’ harsh to say without customers, but this keeps people from gaming the system by giving trash to their vendors.

• Anastasius Member
      November 20, 2010 at 5:21 am #16179

If you don’t like it go a steeper route. There have been a few times I have posted bountys to get a shop. One I can recall in paticuler. Some jerk off bought every shop on lorrd and demanded 1 mill for each shop. I paid 1 mill to have him killed.

Point is we have tools in place to handle this stuff guys. We dont need imms to handle little things like this.

• Slyth Member
      November 20, 2010 at 6:20 am #16184
      "Anastasius":2yexpabm wrote:
      If you don’t like it go a steeper route. There have been a few times I have posted bountys to get a shop. One I can recall in paticuler. Some jerk off bought every shop on lorrd and demanded 1 mill for each shop. I paid 1 mill to have him killed.

Point is we have tools in place to handle this stuff guys. We dont need imms to handle little things like this.[/quote:2yexpabm]

In my eyes, having a bh kill someone for a shop is bs, and should be against the rules. just cause someone is an asshat doesn’t mean they deserve to be killed. In reality, if I saw every shop on lorrd available, I would buy them all and sell them at inflated prices too, it’s just how real estate works in game. The problem is more when someone has a shop that is empty for 2 months and gets on a character for 5 mins to give it 5 pieces of garbage and then logs off, with reasoning like "I was on vacation for half my life so I deserve to keep this shop"

Shit, I gave up a company because I was gunna be gone a week and a half, if someone can’t give up a shop on their alt who they rarely play, they should lose it once a code seas the person is just being a bother to others.

• Anastasius Member
      November 20, 2010 at 6:38 am #16185
      "Slicerin_Craft":eeoeblgc wrote:
      "Anastasius":eeoeblgc wrote:

Point is we have tools in place to handle this stuff guys. We dont need imms to handle little things like this.[/quote:eeoeblgc]

In my eyes, having a bh kill someone for a shop is bs, and should be against the rules. just cause someone is an asshat doesn’t mean they deserve to be killed. In reality, if I saw every shop on lorrd available, I would buy them all and sell them at inflated prices too, it’s just how real estate works in game. The problem is more when someone has a shop that is empty for 2 months and gets on a character for 5 mins to give it 5 pieces of garbage and then logs off, with reasoning like "I was on vacation for half my life so I deserve to keep this shop"

Shit, I gave up a company because I was gunna be gone a week and a half, if someone can’t give up a shop on their alt who they rarely play, they should lose it once a code seas the person is just being a bother to others.[/quote:eeoeblgc]

There is a line between realism and game play. frankly doing any asshattery move can and should be able to get you killed. Act like a jerk get pked for it.

• Slyth Member
      November 20, 2010 at 10:53 pm #16186
      "Anastasius":149zy3b3 wrote:
      "Slicerin_Craft":149zy3b3 wrote:
      "Anastasius":149zy3b3 wrote:

Point is we have tools in place to handle this stuff guys. We dont need imms to handle little things like this.[/quote:149zy3b3]

Shit, I gave up a company because I was gunna be gone a week and a half, if someone can’t give up a shop on their alt who they rarely play, they should lose it once a code seas the person is just being a bother to others.[/quote:149zy3b3]

There is a line between realism and game play. frankly doing any asshattery move can and should be able to get you killed. Act like a jerk get pked for it.[/quote:149zy3b3]

If I followed what you say, I could kill half the shop owners out there who only restock shops once every 2 months, just because of the rate that they restock. I don’t agree with perming over shops, and you can say there is a line, but in my opinion, playing a real estate agent in lotj doesn’t cross the line to the point where you should be able to kill them.

• Anastasius Member
      November 20, 2010 at 11:04 pm #16187

Paint it how you want it. If you piss someone off and they perm you oh well. That’s how the game is run. People assassinated each other all the time in Star Wars. It was common place. Last I checked we play Legend of the Jedi not Legend of the real life simulator.

• Walldo Keymaster
      November 22, 2010 at 5:53 am #16200

I can understand both sides of the argument but this is my thought:

If you own a shop that you don’t bother to keep stock, damnit sell it or stock it!
      If you own multiple shops (whether 1 character or multiple characters) and don’t stock any of them, you suck!
      If you are a governing clan that doesn’t care about closing inactive shops, f*#K you!!!!!!

The fact that government clans close shops means this is an IC issue to me. If you have a problem, complain to the government and loudly. I am not going to say bountying someone for a shop is legal or illegal, but I will definitely say that it CAN be legal. The case can be made about ungoverned planets, but that is something I try and take care of.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.