Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Empowerment: pageclan
This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 2 months ago by Kebron.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Paco Participant
      March 1, 2014 at 11:06 pm #23743

pageclan

Pageclan would be an empowerment where individuals would be able to “post” updates that would appear similarly to the imm skill “pageaccount”. The empowered individual would type in something like: “pageclan On 3/1/2014 Dan the Rodian assaulted Private Jenna on Arkania. Dan is to be arrested.” or for engy clans “pageclan There are five R-41’s on the landing pad that need to be worked on. If they are finished contact the Republic for sale.” You would log in and see something like “Fred has paged the clan, type ‘viewclanpage #41’ to review it.”

Since only the clanleader can change the MOTD and not everyone is on at the same time as each other this would be an excellent way for division leaders and such to update the various members about what is going on and allow them to jump into the RP right away. Since posting these things to message boards gets rather unruly I would urge people to not consider that idea.

• Paco Participant
      March 1, 2014 at 11:15 pm #23744

ICly I would consider this to be updates you receive on your datapad about the daily going-ons of the clan/directives, while clanMOTD is typically about bigger picture stuff. Players who can’t log in as often or have infrequent hours will benefit greatly from this, though those who are regularly online will as well.

• Kebron Participant
      March 9, 2014 at 1:30 am #23768

I like it. I especially like the possibility of someone mischanning their pageclan and everyone in the clan getting “I really hate the emperor what a smug asshat he is, as soon as the contractors approve my spy activities that douschenozzle is getting a grenade up his refresher.” And then trying to explain it Icly.

But really I can only think of three people who would be prone to doing that so it should be good.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.