Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Disguise gender
This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 9 months ago by Gyndi.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    • Baxtalo Participant
      July 18, 2015 at 11:30 am #25603

People have successfully pulled off impressive portrayals of the opposite sex for centuries, and they didn’t historically have half the tech that our smuggler geniuses have.

It would be great if this toggle during disguise setup were finally fixed.

• Kirash Participant
      July 18, 2015 at 2:06 pm #25606

No thanks. Hutts can already switch genders, and that’s even more than enough for me.

• Seryb Participant
      July 19, 2015 at 10:32 am #25609

I would be all for this. It was just make disguising and playing a spy or trying to elude you’re enemies that much cooler.

• Bai Participant
      July 19, 2015 at 5:35 pm #25612

This has come up time and time again. This should only be allowed as a feat. I do not think everyone should be able to. If you’re going to justify it with IRL, not everyone is able to do it IRL either. I understand being a female on this game that plays females can be tricky when you’re playing an intelligence/smuggler person and you disguise. If there are only four of you, and one is female, you’re going to be picked out. This literally happened to me last era and everyone metagamed me, saying every female that ever talked was me. Being able to disguise as a male would be fantastic for this reason. But I think it should be a feat.

• neven Participant
      July 20, 2015 at 3:17 am #25622

This is going to make mudsex so much more awesome. 🙂

• Kirash Participant
      July 20, 2015 at 10:44 am #25626

Why, Neven. Why did you have to go there?

• Gyndi Participant
      July 20, 2015 at 1:17 pm #25627

Honestly, it doesn’t make sense that it’s not already there. I agree with Bai that a feat would make sense, though. I like the idea of more feats in general.

• Seryb Participant
      July 20, 2015 at 1:59 pm #25628

What if disguises with a switch of gender were timer based versus being in place until hit. Since they are harder to pull of it seems plausible that they would need more upkeep. Also maybe put a generic wig in game that you have to buy in order to disguise as opposite sex. I’m fine with it being a feat but maybe that feat makes generic disguises more durable?

• neven Participant
      July 20, 2015 at 2:06 pm #25629

The timer bit would straight up make way more sense than the combat thing anyway which makes disguises kinda really strange to think about, but I think in the case of timers the problem is you’d technically in a lot of ways be buffing a skill that’s already really fucking great. While combat removing disguises seems somewhat silly, it serves a pretty important balance factor in the disguise game.

EDIT: to clarify, not just about the gender thing, just in general as much as I’d love to see disguise be timer based in any way shape or form instead of taking-damage-based it’s just not viable.

EDIT EDIT: From the very argument that disguising gender should be easier than turning a jawa into a hutt in the first place, I don’t think a feat should be necessary to enhance disguise, however perhaps a feat to make it into a timer rather than a combat thing would be okay since it’d be taking a feat slot. On the other hand there’s this whole skill called advanced_disguise which just lets you save disguises to keep an alias of yours actually running, and it could also perhaps just be the cutoff point where maybe you have more options or whatever for disguising.

• Gyndi Participant
      July 20, 2015 at 6:00 pm #25635

Maybe even just for maxing advanced disguise, you get sturdier disguises and can disguise as a different gender?

• Baxtalo Participant
      July 20, 2015 at 6:04 pm #25636

Last I recall, you couldn’t max adv_disguise

• Gyndi Participant
      July 20, 2015 at 7:55 pm #25637

Make it so you can, then…?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.