This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 8 months ago by Drel.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Onasaki Participant
      September 20, 2009 at 8:22 am #1217

Alright, this has been brought up on numerous occasions. I know. I’m sure I brought it up a couple of times in the past, but right now I feel I should bring it up again. Mainly because there could be so much use out of it. Who cares if someone discovers your blaster/blade recipe? They’ll discover it sooner or later if they experiment long enough. But that’s not the point, the point is, if we could disassemble items it would put a whole new meaning to experimenting.

I see disassemble as being prone to abuse, as are all skills if in the wrong hands, but I have an idea to at least lessen it’s abuse. It’s probably been said in the past as well, but what if you could disassemble and only get about 2 or 3 parts out of the disassembled item? Not all of them, but you could also put a focus into it. Disassemble blaster crystal, to try and extract the crystal or crystals intact. It would have a higher fail rating then disassembling randomly, because it takes more delicate work.

Master engineers, in any theme can usually take something apart and put it back togather the same way they took it apart. So it would be either a 150, or a 130 skill depending on what the imms think. I just think it would be great to have, honestly. I’d love to be able to buy someone else’s comlink and take it apart. A fail message for disassembling, "You failed to extract anything, causing the materials to break.." or something like that. It’s not a "Dissemble blaster = Success you get everything" no, it would be based on skill and entirely random unless focused on certain properties of the item.

• Osric Participant
      September 20, 2009 at 12:42 pm #11514

I like the idea, mainly because it makes sense for one… and another it would allow for "rare items" (maybe something imms toss out here and there or perhaps just hidden?) to be taken apart for certain "rare pieces" to be used in another item..

Say your trying to make item C, and you have two rather seemingly useless items, A and B. You remove the lens from item A and the battery from item B and combine them to make a super item C. Now the lens from item A and the battery from B cannot be found outside of inside those two items..

Dunno.. somewhat tired and that could be a bit confusing.. anyhow, I like the idea

• Drel Member
      September 20, 2009 at 2:30 pm #11518

+1, but only if you have to get memory-wiped of all situations pertaining to the disassembly and are left with a handful of random items as clues to the disassembled items.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.