This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 16 years, 4 months ago by Fishy.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Onasaki Participant
      December 7, 2007 at 7:28 am #378

The compute command, what exactly is the point of it? Aside from computing things, but why isn’t it a datapad specific command? Who knows.

But, anyway, I have an idea, to make datapads even more awesome since datamem is finally the key command for them. What if datapads had programmed modules? Like compute, instead of it being a crazy command, why not make it some sort of module?

Maybe a translation module, based on which language you have installed. Maybe the module can hold up to two languages that your character cannot speak, or learn. Or something.

That’s all I can think of really, but that’s the point of forums. To share ideas. So help yourself with figuring out what other sort of modules we could add to a datapad.

• Adriav Member
      December 7, 2007 at 9:17 am #3840

The compute command is so shitty that no one would want a "module" for it. The syntax is painful, and there’s a ridiculously small limit on the numbers’ size.

Other than that, the module idea looks good.

• Onasaki Participant
      December 7, 2007 at 12:38 pm #3848

The computer command works fine, it just needs some tweaking. All it is is an in-game calculator. But yeah, if you can think up some good Module ideas, toss’em here.

• Fishy Participant
      December 7, 2007 at 11:30 pm #3867

Why fuck around with compute and it’s horrid worthlessness when you can just emote punching numbers into a calculator while in the real world.. you punch numbers into a calculator?

I always have my TI-83 handy when I play. Add up costs for armor, use my Intercept Calculator program to figure out where to jump to catch a fleeing ship (not quite as useful now that players can’t rescue EACHOTHER from uncharted, that comprised about 40% of the time I spent as a pilot main in timelines past), play Guess the Number when I get bored…

• Onasaki Participant
      December 8, 2007 at 6:14 am #3760

[b:rwugzgbw]This thread isn’t about bashing the Compute command.[/b:rwugzgbw] It’s about Modules or datapad specific enchancements. So either post some module ideas, or datapad enhancements or don’t post at all.

• Fishy Participant
      December 8, 2007 at 8:00 pm #3733

[b:2qnqavf7]Threads are for constructive posts only[/b:2qnqavf7]

• Madon Member
      December 9, 2007 at 12:20 am #3727

How much interest would there actually be in actually having datapads that supported additional modules?

• Hensworth Member
      December 9, 2007 at 3:10 am #3816

I think that modules would be a nice addition to datapads.

Perhaps rework "remodulate" to install modules for the datapad? And perhaps add in a makemodule skill for slicers?

Modules I’d like to see:
      1) Translation module – load translation datachips into the datapad (like how you load message disks)
      2) Memory module – increase data capacity of datapad (more message slots, translation programs, etc)
      3) Communications module – gives the capability of broadcasting, talking, etc
      4) Medical module – allows for medical-related scanning, diagnosing, etc
      5) Espionage module – allows for espionage-related actions, like camera work

• Drel Member
      December 9, 2007 at 2:39 pm #3812

[b:1iffdk2f]Threads are for constructive posts only[/b:1iffdk2f]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.