This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 3 months ago by Seryb.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Ilyena Participant
      December 29, 2017 at 11:37 am #30637

I had the idea that the game really makes landing on planets a slow affair (which it should, crashing is usually bad), but there are situations where you really don’t want to be safe but would rather be on the ground in a hurry.

I propose a ‘crashland’ command, used instead of the simple ‘land’ command that would forcibly crashland your ship on the indicated landing pad / inside the indicated hangar bay. The crashland would be like landing when not piloting the ship, and would include hull damage, a damaged drive and injuries to all passengers inside the ship, but the landing would be much faster than a normal landing would be.

There could even be a piloting skill that would reduce this damage!

Edit: I also realised that this could be really useful in situations where a ship is in orbit but cannot land because it has no fuel. The pilot could crashland instead.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Ilyena.
    • Seryb Participant
      December 29, 2017 at 12:32 pm #30639

Crashland would be a good addition to the game especially for those pesky stuck in orbit without fuel situations.

I also like it when considering your being chased or know an enemy fleet is imminent and your trying to touch down unnoticed before they enter system.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.