This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 5 months ago by Muddledde.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    • Onasaki Participant
      November 26, 2009 at 5:42 am #1316

Alright, so we got several I know. But, I was wondering if we could add at least a few more.

Ambidextrous – increases dual weapon damage by 5%. It would work for both Vibroblades, and pistols. And give more reason for people to use pistols again.

Optical Targetting – Allows the use of goggles while in combat.(Just an idea, as a -feat-)

Blaster Rifle Proficiency – Increases the Damage of Blaster [u:ys7je48i]Rifles[/u:ys7je48i], by 10%

These are just a few random ideas I came up with, if anything I’d like to see Ambidextrous in. But I’m all for making the other blaster classes useful in their own ways. I’m sick of seeing so many people with repeaters, when repeaters should have at least some counter-balance. Like having Repeaters overheat..

• Walldo Keymaster
      November 26, 2009 at 7:44 am #12644

Adding to this, I think a combat feat for sniping limbs would be cool.

• Xziv Member
      November 26, 2009 at 7:49 am #12645

snipe west Walldo head
      You do 10xdamage+deadeye feat.
      You yell, ‘BOOM! HEADSHOT!’

• Kirash Participant
      November 26, 2009 at 1:40 pm #12646

Is it just me or is Quick Healer not all that quick?

• Corey Participant
      November 26, 2009 at 4:15 pm #12647

Even though I’m against the idea of adding more feats to something that already has a lot, anything that will make blasters or rifles actually worth using would be nice.

• Avanga Member
      November 26, 2009 at 4:43 pm #12648

I was thinking about pistols and repeaters… What’re the number of attacks with pistols, four? If they were definitely a higher chance to hit, they’d probably be more popular with lower level combatants… Also, fix reload. The difficulty in reloading pistols mid-combat does not make them appealing.

• Drel Member
      November 26, 2009 at 5:12 pm #12651
      "Walldo":ffl68vcy wrote:
      Adding to this, I think a combat feat for sniping limbs would be cool.[/quote:ffl68vcy]
      Being able to throw stuff at limbs would be cool, too.
    • Onasaki Participant
      November 26, 2009 at 8:38 pm #12653

You need to think, though, there’s not much you -can- add to leadership, Espionage, Slicing, and Medical. There really isn’t. Just a few random ideas, I say this mainly because I’m sick of seeing people wielding repeaters. I want some variety. I want some people who specialize in pistols, rifles, and other things. Everyone’s using a repeater because it’s the strongest weapon in the game now.

When blaster classes went in, I was hoping for variety. So we would stop seeing people wielding two "rifles" or "repeaters". The point is, combat needs more variety, it may have a bunch of feats, but it could use more to make other weapon types useful.

• Gann Participant
      November 26, 2009 at 8:59 pm #12654

If you think of it, combat in real life has hundred’s of different options on how to fight, what to fight with and how to utilize different skills, and I think the same should be added to the game here, add some spice to combat, make it unpredictable so that the BIG PKers have that little thought in the back of their head knowing they got no clue what type of fight they’re going in to, if everyone’s using the same weapon then pretty much every fight strategy is the same. Add in feats for pistol’s, force pikes, rifles, blades and almost every fight will be different.

• Onasaki Participant
      November 27, 2009 at 2:57 am #12659

Knives, I can agree with. Ninja stars, not so much. Because Star Wars is Star Wars, there’s no such thing as Ninja in Star Wars, only assassin and bounty hunter. There’s no Japan, so no Ninjutsu. >.> Therefore stars would be silly.

• Muddledde Member
      November 28, 2009 at 1:20 am #12681

I’m disappointed that a decent amount of ideas I have read have already been commented on in the Combat forum (which was locked, thank you Flame War). It would be nice to see some more variety in combat with different weapons. Again with more focus on Force Pikes, eventually letting somebody coming to the combat experience of Royal Guards.

I know this is focused on combat feats, but I am going to suggest some other feats for other classes as well.

The ambidextrous feat sounds good, but it should focus more on accuracy, not damage.

Combat: Cover – Increased evasion versus blaster fire.
      Some types of feats focuses on Unarmed.
      Unarmed Feat – Increased Disarm percentage when unarmed
      Unarmed Feat – Increased dodge percentage when unarmed and versing melee weapons

Espionage: Espionage Feat – Does not, or has a chance, too not sent off an alarm when infiltrating a base.

Slicer: Somebody mentioned this to me once, but…
      Scan Channels – Allows a slicer to scan if any frequencies are being used and what frequency is being used.
      Jam Frequency – Allow a slicer to jam a certain frequency. Of course this can’t or shouldn’t be used on Comnet 0.
      Decryption – This may be a powerful feat, but a feat to allow a slicer to listen to a encrypted frequency. Take time for them to decrypt it of course.

Medical: Combat Medic – Ability to use First Aid and or Aid during combat
      Adrenaline/Stimpak – This is more of a skill, but can be used as a feat, a way of giving bonus to health, but if applied too often could knock the person out.
      Cybernetic Understanding – Gives +1 to specific attribute when installing cybernetic. Maybe +hp when installing anything else that doesn’t effect attributes.

Dinner time

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.