Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Clarification on the act of "stranding"
This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 4 months ago by Walldo.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Zeromus Participant
      December 10, 2012 at 1:23 pm #20466

I remember a long time ago that a valid act when in a conflict with another player was to strand them in a place that they are unable to escape from without comlinks, etc. I’m not going to name the specific places you can do this at, but it was pretty effective for removing someone for a long period of time without killing them.

I tried to do this to somebody recently and I had two separate imms question me about it and the guy ended up mysteriously escaping where I’d put him. I had one of those imms also blow a gasket at myself and a couple other players about a year ago when we stunned someone to remove them from a conflict and autolaunched them in a ship that they couldn’t pilot. Both of these situations were easy to escape if they simply just roleplayed with other players using the tools they had available in the area they were stranded, but somehow OOC imm intervention ended up being the solution.

Can we get an official word on whether or not stranding is allowed?

EDIT: I don’t want to discuss those two situations in great detail here, just mostly the act of stranding. I’m not mad about them, just would like to know the official ruling.

• Baxtalo Participant
      December 10, 2012 at 2:42 pm #20469

So long as the ship is stranded in a known sector, it should not be a problem, right? And by known, meaning one with a planet in it…

So long as there is a way to get out via IC means, does it really matter? So long as you do not strand someone in a disabled, out of fuel, private vessel in an uncharted sector without any comlinks, leaving them TRULY then it does not seem like a big deal. It is an option other than perming, which automatically seems like a plus.

• Altrez Participant
      December 10, 2012 at 3:00 pm #20471

I’m surprised this would work at all, given that they could just AIM their buddies to pick them up or drone them gear.

But I did have an idea from earlier this TL about forcing people to walk the plank by jettisoning them in an escape pod or crummy short ranged fighter in the middle of uncharted space. Nicer than death but still nasty exile.

• Seryb Participant
      December 10, 2012 at 3:38 pm #20472

I don’t see a problem with stranding. It’s happened to me before because I was to much of a dick to RP with people in a fashion that would avoid this. /RP/ and you likely won ‘t ever have this happen to you. To the would be stranders, leave em in a starship, disabled, uncharted space etc… Just leave em a blaster so they swallow a bolt like my guy did since I didn’t want to wimp out and cheat my way out via aim.

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      December 10, 2012 at 3:45 pm #20473

I think this is a legit way to remove someone.  Unless you mug them or do it without due cause, I think it’s a great idea.  I mean, I would be pissed, but I would understand that shit happens.  It is a sound tactic.

• Kirash Participant
      December 10, 2012 at 9:26 pm #20479

To be perfectly honest, I’ve never had an issue with stranding. I don’t see the problem with it. It’s not really all that hard to get away if you’re patient, and it’s a lot better than getting permed most times or just staying stunned for hours. People just whine too much.

There are no set rules against it. There should be no reason the Imms should be getting involved.

• Zeromus Participant
      December 31, 2012 at 9:33 pm #20664

Never got an answer on this.

• Walldo Keymaster
      January 2, 2013 at 2:55 am #20674

I think there’s a time and a place where leaving someone tied up is a valid reason, seems like a good bit for rule 4. The tricky part is not doing it juuust to be a dick. I’m not surprised imms asked about it, because 99% of the time someone is going to ask ‘can they do this?’ so it’s good to know the answer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.