Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium clan_brief command
This topic has 5 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 6 months ago by Kirash.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Ryken Participant
      October 21, 2015 at 8:37 pm #27179

WHAT IT DOES:
      Truncates clan channel tags down to a shorter version (defined when creating the clan), so each division and position would have a brief version that people can toggle on or off at will, so once someone is familiar enough with everyone and the day to day operation they can turn it on.

So rather than
      [The Galactic Empire Of Evil][Ministry Of Evil]<Evil Acolyte>[A whiphid female] (flatly): Let us engage in evil.
      [The Galactic Empire Of Evil][Engineering Corp of Evil]<Evil Chief Engineer>[a jawa male] (annoyingly): Yes!

It’d read:
      [TGOE][MoE][E.A.][A whiphid female] (flatly): Let us engage in evil.
      [TGOE][EoE][ECEn][a jawa male] (annoyingly): Yes!

You could still color coordinate them, and align them lockstep so that clan chatter where it gets fairly heated and quick isn’t an eye sore to read.

Just an ideaaaaaaaaaaa.

• Seryb Participant
      October 22, 2015 at 9:12 am #27180

Config +norank is what you are looking for.

• bagz Participant
      October 22, 2015 at 5:13 pm #27182

lol Seryb was all like Config +readthefaqhomie

• Fishy Participant
      October 23, 2015 at 4:34 pm #27187

Config +norank is the thing stupid wannabe secret-squirrel dipshits use to hide their own rank from their fellow clanmates.

I’m not sure I like the manually created abbreviations part of the idea, but something to at least turn off the clan tag in clantalk would be nice, even if the rest stays exactly the same.

• Paco Participant
      October 23, 2015 at 8:50 pm #27189

I’ve never understood why a clan uses setadjective, really (the bit that shows up in front of your division in clantalk). I mean -I- usually know which clan I’m in. No need to be reminded every time someone clantalks.

• Kirash Participant
      October 23, 2015 at 10:04 pm #27190

Setadjective is fluff and can be kind of cool provided someone utilizes it properly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.