Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Clan Taxes as a Government.
This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years, 4 months ago by Avanga.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Delk Member
      January 2, 2012 at 9:23 am #18160

So here in theory is something I spoke to the Imms earlier in the TL about, it increase reason for governments to take anc control certain worlds. In current, planetary taxes from stores and cargo go back to the planet via tax rate which increases funds for the planet during regeneration causing more cargo to be sold, such a tasty cycle do not want to mess that up. So You look over to pawnshops that pay the taxes back to the clan, yet is affected by the planets tax rate. The code does exist for a planet to pay a clan. With this said, Two ways I can see this working. One is a per planet tax rate that would be generalized to anyone on the planet in leadplanet choices. Making it so a secondary form of taxes would not affect the first of planetary stability for cargo. Would increase revenue. Yet more of a easy fix. Or making it a attribute inside showclan, a clan administration command. It would tax anyone within the clan or on its worlds. Making it so owning a shop in space controlled by a government besides your own more costly. Also making well traveled worlds or better cargo routes worth quite a bit more to all governments. I prefer my second idea due to the aspect it adds to the game. It was a idea I tossed to the imms awhile back and finally got around to a thread on it.

• Delk Member
      January 2, 2012 at 9:24 am #18161

Oh and second reason, so clans will not use newbs to farm credits for them. When I’m a clan leader or higher up. I try to be one of the best donaters showing its not just the little guy who does all the work.

• Darrick Participant
      January 2, 2012 at 10:11 am #18162

I’ve honestly always wondered why refueling a ship has never increased from 10 credits. Why not put a tax on “fuel” that goes directly to the government that controls the planet. It can be set by leadplanet. Coruscant has a 1,000 credit tax for refueling. Every person that refuels there pays then 1,010 credits. Public taxi’s take the credits out of the account they’re assigned to. If its a neutral world, no tax! Or maybe it goes to the planet’s revenue.

• Fishy Participant
      January 4, 2012 at 11:21 pm #18205

There used to be a variable fuel price but the prices couldn’t be set by the government, and were absolutely insane and the money just disappeared. So they set it at 10, I guess.

• Sarac Participant
      January 5, 2012 at 4:39 am #18206

Eh, might be an idea to add this to leadplanet?

• Avanga Member
      January 5, 2012 at 10:16 pm #18207

The planetary AI stuff needs to be yanked right out and capturing planets, diplomacy and everything else needs to be redone from the bottom up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.