This topic has 21 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 5 months ago by Fishy.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
    • Onasaki Participant
      November 21, 2009 at 6:43 am #1307

So, I was wondering. Could we get Clan-based forum snippits? Something where we can openly discuss clan dealings and clan RP without having to use up our OOC and whatnot. And it’d be a strictly clan-only discussion for members IN the clan only. I’ve seen this sort of set up on other MUD forums, where they have groups mini-groups for people of that clan/organization/etc. I’m sure this has been discussed before, or shot down, but I figured why not?

I ask mainly because there’s certain tidbits of RP that are confusing for most people in some of the major clans in this era. Like Argazdans for instance. I won’t go into detail, but there’s alot of things that could be explained about them in more detail then help Argazdan.

Plus it’d give room for setting up clan-wide RP events, sermons, and the like. Drill training. Pep rally. Whatever, something to give people more to look forward too then just sitting around botting and leveling when they logon until the imms decide it’s time to goto war with someone. Just -something-.

Shoot it down all you want, but I believe it’ll give more opportunities for RP if we could plan out certain clan-events and such.

• Fishy Participant
      November 21, 2009 at 7:40 am #12518

I know what you’re talking about and I really don’t think that would work well with LotJ, clans are so fluid and the membership changes so frequently.

• Kirash Participant
      November 21, 2009 at 9:54 am #12523
      "Fishy":pvnq40aj wrote:
      I know what you’re talking about and I really don’t think that would work well with LotJ, clans are so fluid and the membership changes so frequently.[/quote:pvnq40aj]

Truth.

It’s not like being in an MMO where clans are a semi-permanent thing with memberships and stuff.

Plus, so much stuff hinges on roleplay within clans that it would be too open to abuse of spyapp and whatnot.

• Corey Participant
      November 21, 2009 at 5:10 pm #12527

The fluidity of the clans isn’t that big of an issue, its management of the forums that would be the issue. You’d have to have an IMM that would be on top of things to change the members to said forums and thats just another thing to add to their list of stuff they have to do.

However, I do agree that it’d be a neat thing to have. Perhaps there could be in game OOC message boards inside the base? I dunno just brainstorming here.

• Avanga Member
      November 21, 2009 at 5:14 pm #12528

I suggested a general IC forum for broadcast posts, character RP stuff, backstories and etc, but it was shot down because linking account names to char names was breaking IC or some nonsense.

• Walldo Keymaster
      November 22, 2009 at 1:50 am #12540

What you suggested was the same as what Onasaki suggested. Fishy raises very good points about fluidity of clans.

There are already clan message boards and clan motds that are under-utilized.

• Muddledde Member
      November 22, 2009 at 12:45 pm #12548

True Walldo, but MOTD are modified by people who are given permission to do so. I think it is more for non-motd messages that people want to share and have opinions given back. It would be nice especially when people want to make a statement, but not everybody is awake to hear it.

• Anastasius Member
      November 22, 2009 at 5:53 pm #12549

You want a general statement, have your clan leader add your statement to motd

• Kirash Participant
      November 23, 2009 at 4:46 am #12567
      "bollum":36l6rho4 wrote:
      "Anastasius":36l6rho4 wrote:
      You want a general statement, have your clan leader add your statement to motd[/quote:36l6rho4]

That is if your clan leader plays same timezone as yourself.

Very funny to go 5 weeks and only see them once[/quote:36l6rho4]

Mail

• Muddledde Member
      November 23, 2009 at 9:18 pm #12577

Damn. Last TL my Clan Leader was on during his 1-2 hours a day…usually AFK most of the time.

Clan leader this TL is rarely ever on, and because of this and that, is almost NEVER near a mail terminal. Seriously, they weren’t for almost a month once.

Don’t say drone them messages either, that was covered if they aren’t on when you are. And forget the telling somebody to tell somebody to tell somebody to tell the clan leader something to make a post to tell everybody something. That doesn’t work well either.

• Anastasius Member
      November 23, 2009 at 9:47 pm #12579

Last timeline I was in Sienar, for a brief period my clan leader was gone for 1 week in game. After I week I went to imms and said we had no leadership. Imms made me leader and she came back 2 days later. She went active again and I gave her leadership back. So you cant use inactive leadership as a problem. Dont say imms wont help cause they just need you to tell them whats going on.

• Onasaki Participant
      November 24, 2009 at 1:55 am #12592

I wish we did have good clan leaders. We have one who sits and idles 99.9% of the time when they’re on, or gets all spacey and stares at the screen. The image of someone staring blankly at a wall, drooling, comes to mind.

And the other one, they’re on very rarely. And if they are, they idle.

• Walldo Keymaster
      November 24, 2009 at 6:57 am #12600

EDIT: wrong thread

• Fishy Participant
      November 24, 2009 at 8:40 am #12602

Maybe if clannies were more active and interesting and doing something other than complaining on the forums, clanleaders would have something to do other than read the forums?

Just saying.

• Muddledde Member
      November 24, 2009 at 5:59 pm #12605

Truthfully, I would be a hell of a lot more active in my clan and for my clan if there was a bit more going on. Can’t develop at the moment, and I did before I knew we could, I was pissed. It’s also hard to help your clan progress when you rely on Imms for certain things. I can’t give an exact example for IC reasons, but one clan I was in halted for over a month and we lost players because of it. I mean…really. What is there to do in a clan most of the time? Engineers make shit, combats getting cocky about everything while they constantly "train" and ever other class sits around wondering what to do before they log off to log onto their combats to continue training.

These forums would be awesome to help try to get more people motivated to do more things. I don’t give a damn about the clan MOTD, that’s crap most of the time. It’s good to give a listing of general rules, or expectations. Plus if I am on a different time zone, and I don’t ever see my Clan leader, then I would contact the Imms only to have them tell me that they do get on while I am a sleep and they do drool while they stare at the monitor for 2 hours before logging off to progress their alts or play WOW/Borderlands/COD/etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.