Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Changes with ships
This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by maverick.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • maverick Member
      April 24, 2013 at 6:59 am #21732

I would like to see a change how ships are produced. Instead of giving engineering clans unlimited blueprints, give them a limited number of each of their developments. For example at the start of a TL each major engineering clan would get 40 starfighter, 25 freighters, 15 corvettes and like 10 capital vessels. The destroyed ships could be stripped of all components and put into a Salvage yard, where engineering clans or players could go and rescue them, restoring them back to their former glory and keeping the ship population the same. In comparison to the movies and other works, it seems a little odd that every player should OWN a ship, make having a ship a matter of pride instead of ‘oh, I’ve got a starfighter I never use because I moved up to a freighter, but Im not going to do anything about it, just leave it to clutter the spaceport’

Salvageyards would give more public garages for players and the ship thieves. Why have an option to strip a ship if the only way to access a garage is by using an engineering clan, who wont touch the stuff because of the potential bad reputation?

EDIT: This would also allow for unique blueprints to be given as rewards. Some lucky group of players might be the only 5 people able to own the Nubian Superfreighter etc.

And why cant there be more than 3 ships of the same type at a time? Why cant we have options? give us 8 different starfighters that vary in very negligible ways but for appearance sake are distinguishable

• Terezi Participant
      April 24, 2013 at 8:07 am #21733

“The destroyed ships could be stripped of all components and put into a Salvage yard, where engineering clans or players could go and rescue them, restoring them back to their former glory”

This is really the only part of this that I like. You don’t necessarily even need a salvage yard if space salvaging was implemented, which would also open up mining resources in space.

“In comparison to the movies and other works, it seems a little odd that every player should OWN a ship, make having a ship a matter of pride instead of ‘oh, I’ve got a starfighter I never use because I moved up to a freighter, but Im not going to do anything about it, just leave it to clutter the spaceport’”

We’re 40-100 of all of the sentients in the galaxy. We make names for ourselves and do extraordinary things. WHy can’t we have ships?

“Salvageyards would give more public garages for players and the ship thieves. Why have an option to strip a ship if the only way to access a garage is by using an engineering clan, who wont touch the stuff because of the potential bad reputation?”

Fact: There are public garages on Naboo and Alderaan.

“And why cant there be more than 3 ships of the same type at a time? Why cant we have options? give us 8 different starfighters that vary in very negligible ways but for appearance sake are distinguishable”

What would this do to improve gameplay?

• maverick Member
      April 24, 2013 at 8:33 am #21734

More ships types would add to immersion, out of the entire galaxy we only have 4 starfighters brands to choose from?

I did say salvage yards would give “more” public garages, I know there are public garages on Naboo and Alderaan, but only giving 2 possible destinations for chop shops makes it almost suicidal to attempt to play in that manner

• Kirash Participant
      April 24, 2013 at 11:09 am #21735

If you want to run a chop shop, apply for one. The [Blackmarket] flag was put in for that purpose. There was a change log about it, but I cant remember the number. Do changes search stripship.

More ships really will do little else except clog the market with more ships that will go unused because people will always gravitate towards the ships with the best stats leaving other ships and blueprints to rot away.

• Zeromus Participant
      April 24, 2013 at 12:01 pm #21736

Have you ever been involved in ship development, Maverick?

• maverick Member
      April 24, 2013 at 12:22 pm #21737

By limiting the number of each type of ship, people wont be able to always get the ‘best’ ship, and thus the other ships will be purchased and used, if there are only 10 of the best ships available, if you want a ship youll have to go for second best until those are gone and so on… Multiple ship types wont work with the current unlimited blueprints system

And this idea was posted after like 32 hours of no sleep, it wasnt the best fleshed out thing when I wrote it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.