Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Capturing planets with enemy ships in space
This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 11 months ago by Walldo.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Alevious Participant
      June 6, 2012 at 12:35 pm #19147

I think it would be interesting to be able to capture planets even with enemy ships in place. This could be like, entrenching yourself on a planet while using diplomats to keep up morale even under bombardments and help give more flavor to the war by having a reason for ground combat. Instead of completely relying on ships to fight the entire war this would add something extra to the mix in my opining.

• Jinjin Member
      June 6, 2012 at 1:05 pm #19148

I think you have a good idea here, force wars to be more than just space battles and come down to A) who has the most ships B)Who has the bestships/pilots. I just think it would be difficult for someone to be like “I capture Corellia in the name of Pirates Slurg”, and not have the ships in orbit be able to do something aginst that. Two conflicting armies in the area, both trying to claim it without a victor decided yet. I don’t know, just doesn’t seem reasonable.

Perhaps a different style of say blockaid? IE capital ships can’t refuel if enemy forces have captured the command center and you could entrench yourself there.

• Walldo Keymaster
      June 7, 2012 at 12:36 am #19157

Or if there are enemy ships in orbit the planet just naturally bleeds support until you get rid of them maybe.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.