Legends of the Jedi Forums Newbie Watering Hole Capture talk/ooc/clanchat on Cmud
This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years, 7 months ago by Darrick.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    • Slyth Member
      November 11, 2010 at 9:36 am #1597

Hey guys, decided to do out a simple instruction for how to capture text in Cmud, including gagging it from your main window so that you only have it pop up in one place.

First, you should decide what you really want to capture/gag. for instance, I prefer to capture all the comm channels in one window, all the ooc channels in a window, and all of the clan chat in another, though you can throw them all together, it’s all personal preference.

This is my current layout:
      [img:vpz9jlqg]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2610/sessionlayout.png[/img:vpz9jlqg]

You can drag and drop windows into position once they pop up, and they will automatically pop up once you hear someone on a channel. I have cleared out my Talk field and my Clanchat field so that it doesn’t do any harm, and the default session is obviously the biggest section. I still haven’t had time to gag stuff out, but if you want to gag text and don’t know how, it’s very basic.

[code:vpz9jlqg]#Gag Repeating line of text[/code:vpz9jlqg]

that will get rid of anything you don’t want on your screen.

Now, on to the capturing. Here is my set of triggers, all you need to do is put these into the command line to get the three windows. I will explain how to change what text goes into what window after the code itself.

[code:vpz9jlqg]
      #TRIGGER {CommNet * ~[*~]: *} {#CAPTURE Talk;#GAG}
      #TRIGGER {CommNet * ~[*~]~(*~): *} {#CAPTURE Talk;#GAG}
      #TRIGGER {CommNet * ~[*~]~(*~)~<*~>: *} {#CAPTURE Talk;#GAG}
      #TRIGGER {CommNet * ~[*~]~<*~>: *} {#CAPTURE Talk;#GAG}

#TRIGGER {~(*~) %w: *} {#CAPTURE OOC;#GAG}
      #TRIGGER {~(*~) ~*%w: *} {#CAPTURE OOC;#GAG}
      #TRIGGER {~(*~) You Tell %w ‘*’} {#CAPTURE OOC;#GAG}
      #TRIGGER {~(*~) ~@%w tells you ‘*’} {#CAPTURE OOC;#GAG}
      #TRIGGER {~(*~) %w tells you ‘*’} {#CAPTURE OOC;#GAG}

#TRIGGER {~[*~]~{*~}~<*~>~[*~]: *} {#CAPTURE ClanChat;#GAG}
      #TRIGGER {~[*~]~{*~}~<*~>~[*~]~(*~)~<*~>: *} {#CAPTURE ClanChat;#GAG}
      #TRIGGER {~[*~]~{*~}~<*~>~[*~]~(*~): *} {#CAPTURE ClanChat;#GAG}
      #TRIGGER {~[*~]~{*~}~<*~>~[*~]~<*~>: *} {#CAPTURE ClanChat;#GAG}
      [/code:vpz9jlqg]

->The first part, [b:vpz9jlqg]#TRIGGER[/b:vpz9jlqg], tells it it is a trigger we are making, which is kind of obvious imo.
      ->The first pair of [b:vpz9jlqg]{ }[/b:vpz9jlqg] give what the trigger line is. in this case, [b:vpz9jlqg]"~"[/b:vpz9jlqg] stops Cmud from recognizing a function, the [b:vpz9jlqg]"*"[/b:vpz9jlqg] stands for [i:vpz9jlqg]ANYTHING[/i:vpz9jlqg], and [b:vpz9jlqg]%w[/b:vpz9jlqg] stands for a word/jumbled letters that make names.
      ->The second pair of [b:vpz9jlqg]{ }[/b:vpz9jlqg] tell us what to do for the trigger command once the given line of text has appeared on the screen. In this case, [b:vpz9jlqg]#CAPTURE <anything>;#GAG[/b:vpz9jlqg], means takes the text that was typed, stop it from appearing in my default window, and put it in one of the chat windows.

I put in [b:vpz9jlqg]<anything>[/b:vpz9jlqg] after the [b:vpz9jlqg]#CAPTURE[/b:vpz9jlqg] command because that is your mini window name, and whatever you put in that slot will become a window. I suggest making sure you use proper capitalization for the windows, so you don’t have a million for the same cause.

Just a note about [b:vpz9jlqg]#GAG[/b:vpz9jlqg], when you use it, you will have giant black places on the default session where text once would have appeared there.

• Slyth Member
      November 11, 2010 at 7:46 pm #16040

I happened to realize not all of my clanchat was getting put in the proper window, some of it stayed in my default, because I forgot to add in the triggers that pertained to tones and unknown languages/clan languages.

I edited them in to the main post, as well as some more for ooc.

The new ones are any with [b:1l3c9nhg]you tell[/b:1l3c9nhg] or [b:1l3c9nhg]tells you[/b:1l3c9nhg] in them, and the 3 longest ones for clanchat.

• Walldo Keymaster
      November 14, 2010 at 7:22 pm #16091

I have a similar setup and it does WONDERS for immspam! Thanks!

• Lexx416 Participant
      November 15, 2010 at 6:03 pm #16116

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to modify the triggers to still capture without gagging them from the main window? I’ve wanted a capture trigger for ages now, just so I can keep a separate account of clan/ooc/etc. in case I miss anything.

• Slyth Member
      November 15, 2010 at 8:55 pm #16119

Yeah, I’ll re-list them for you just so you can copy paste.

[code:2qn07ne7] #TRIGGER {CommNet * ~[*~]: *} {#CAPTURE Talk}
      #TRIGGER {CommNet * ~[*~]~(*~): *} {#CAPTURE Talk}
      #TRIGGER {CommNet * ~[*~]~(*~)~<*~>: *} {#CAPTURE Talk}
      #TRIGGER {CommNet * ~[*~]~<*~>: *} {#CAPTURE Talk}

#TRIGGER {~(*~) %w: *} {#CAPTURE OOC}
      #TRIGGER {~(*~) ~*%w: *} {#CAPTURE OOC}
      #TRIGGER {~(*~) You Tell %w ‘*’} {#CAPTURE OOC}
      #TRIGGER {~(*~) ~@%w tells you ‘*’} {#CAPTURE OOC}
      #TRIGGER {~(*~) %w tells you ‘*’} {#CAPTURE OOC}

#TRIGGER {~[*~]~{*~}~<*~>~[*~]: *} {#CAPTURE ClanChat}
      #TRIGGER {~[*~]~{*~}~<*~>~[*~]~(*~)~<*~>: *} {#CAPTURE ClanChat}
      #TRIGGER {~[*~]~{*~}~<*~>~[*~]~(*~): *} {#CAPTURE ClanChat}
      #TRIGGER {~[*~]~{*~}~<*~>~[*~]~<*~>: *} {#CAPTURE ClanChat}
      [/code:2qn07ne7]

That should make it so that the channels go into your chat windows, but also go into your default session.

• Lexx416 Participant
      November 15, 2010 at 11:33 pm #16121

Thanks. I didn’t think it’d be so easy to just remove the #gags. xD I would have gone through and done that myself if you’d told me.

• Leoninus Participant
      October 7, 2011 at 2:47 am #17724

I know this is almost a year old, but I’m playing around with cmud..can’t get the clantalk to work. Any ideas? It just isn’t going to a new window. No error messages/codes.

• Darrick Participant
      October 7, 2011 at 2:47 pm #17728

Wow, that is a pretty neat feature of CMud. Does MUSHclient have something similar, or is it just scripts?

• Avanga Member
      October 7, 2011 at 3:40 pm #17729
      "Leoninus":211tyvc2 wrote:
      I know this is almost a year old, but I’m playing around with cmud..can’t get the clantalk to work. Any ideas? It just isn’t going to a new window. No error messages/codes.[/quote:211tyvc2]

Your clan leader might have tinkered with the layout of the clanchat messages, thereby screwing up the CMUD capture trigger.

• Walldo Keymaster
      October 7, 2011 at 6:37 pm #17730

For CMUD, my trigger is

[code:245p2gb6]~{*~}~<*~>~[*~][/code:245p2gb6]

courtesy of gral.

I know mushclient can do something like this (I’ve seen custom clients built on mushclient do it) but I wouldn’t know how to do it.

• Leoninus Participant
      October 8, 2011 at 3:55 pm #17736

Sweet, got it. And yes there’s a capture script for Mushclient..Ravaus has one made up, maybe you can bug him for it. It’s pretty epic. I revolve around z/c/Mushclient depending on my class nowadays.

• Darrick Participant
      October 8, 2011 at 5:49 pm #17738

To the Rav cave it is! Thanks for the info!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.